1936 Baird T5 TV Receiver restoration  

Page 5 / 5 Prev

Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered

And to compound my guilt the CRT screen panel will be replaced and the original burnt along with all the other woodworm infested parts.  

Till Eulenspiegel.

BairdT5 Televisior 36

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2019 10:09 am
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered

A new top panel must be made to replace that woodworm damaged part.    Pictures show the first stages of the construction of the new CRT screen panel. 

Till Eulenspiegel.

BairdT5 Televisior 37
BairdT5 Televisior 38

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2019 10:30 am crustytv liked
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered

The screen aperture has a 30 degree chamfer around the edges. That part of the job went well. However, things didn't go well when it came to routing out the 5mm recess for the implosion glass. The router tool kinda went wild and ruined the panel. So that panel will join the woodworm damaged parts. Scrap!

BairdT5 Televisior 39
BairdT5 Televisior 40

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2019 10:49 am
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered

The complete cabinet framework  refitted.

Till Eulenspiegel.

BairdT5 Televisior 41

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2019 9:18 pm crustytv liked
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

Looks good, a lot of skill and hard work to get to this point, onwards they said, what’s next veneer?

Frank

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2019 11:03 pm
Lloyd
(@lloyd)
Noble Member Registered

That is coming along nicely! Shame about the new top panel going wrong. One day I'll have a go at repairing the water damaged cabinet on my Stella ST2049a, looks like it'd be dead easy compared to the Baird!

Regards,

Lloyd

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/02/2019 12:39 am
Page 5 / 5 Prev

We are using cookies on our website

Please confirm, if you accept our tracking cookies. You can also decline the tracking, so you can continue to visit our website though you may find that certain features of Radios-TV website may not function properly without the aid of cookies. Our cookie policy

Working

Please Login or Register