Featured
Latest
1980's Murphy MC612...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Forum 141

1980's Murphy MC6124A TV set--German made?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Alastair
(@alastair)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter

Ive been at it again.

Grabbed/saved a 16" colour-set from destruction in Indonesia this afternoon at the recycling-centre, thinking it would have a poor CRT to experiment on.

The set to me is rather an oddity. Its badged, Murphy 'Made In Germany' on the front, and Rank Bush Murphy on the rear. Indeed the chassis is very German in appearance, All artwork etc internally is in German, except the CRT which is a Toshiba 420xxx.xx summit or other.

It reminds me of the Grundig sets of the same era, in fact, I thought it was a Grundig till I got it home...

As it turned out, The CRT is brill, and the set works well--so there goes another good-plan! :~ .

Posted : 24/02/2013 12:49 am
danny
(@danny)
Estimable Member Registered

Hi yes i remember these thay did give good pictures not certain but think thay were made by saba . no real bad problems when thay were in daly use . The mains rectifier used to fale taking one off the mains fuses out there are two in both the live and neutral dont know why but it was always the neutral fuse that blew.
would like to see a picture of the set for old times sake. Danny

Posted : 24/02/2013 1:05 am
neil1974
(@neil1974)
Honorable Member Registered

It would be interesting to see a pic of the set Alastair :thumbl: . as i recently parted with my saba badged Z718 in it's white cabinet to mikeystep on here. cheers,Neil.

Posted : 24/02/2013 1:34 am
malcscott
(@malcscott)
Prominent Member Registered

Made by Nordmende.

Posted : 24/02/2013 10:17 am
Share: