4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Ljdavek
(@ljdavek)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter

Hello everybody!! I'm Dave with a tv!

i brought this nice looking tv from my local antiquc shop for £60.. it looks very un touched inside can not to much use by the looks..

But could someone pleas tell me the best way to take the cabinet off iv undone all the fixings i think!? but can not get the chaises  out.. trying to remove the Bakelite surround and got it party off but it seem stuck at the top see pic.. 

thanks everybody 

dave

Posted : 11/06/2021 5:17 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Removing The Chassis

1. Place the TV on its side, remove the two philips-head screws securing the batten to the underside front edge of the cabinet, then remove the batten.
  2. Loosen but do not remove the two 4BA screws securing the front escutcheon and control mounting plate to the push-button operating mechanism
  3. Withdraw the front escutcheon, complete with brightness and volume controls, from the front of the cabinet.
  4. Place the receiver in the upright position and remove the back cover (six philips-head screws)
  5. Loosen the left-hand chassis securing device (located at the top left-hand corner of the main chassis)
  6. Remove the right-hand chassis securing device (located at the top right-hand corner of the main chassis)
  7. Remove the speaker leads from the output transformer T3.
  8. Withdraw the chassis from the cabinet, passing the front control panel through the aperture in the front of the cabinet.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 11/06/2021 5:35 pm
Ljdavek
(@ljdavek)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter

@crustytv

perfect thanks,..

Posted : 13/06/2021 1:49 pm
Ljdavek
(@ljdavek)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter

now going to start looking at the caps!!

Posted : 13/06/2021 1:50 pm
Share: