Share:
Notifications
Clear all

A little quiz....

PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

I have another set in line for restoration and repair over the next few weeks, but just for fun, can anyone guess the make and exact model simply from this photo?

IMG 5788 50
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/09/2020 11:58 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

That's a Bush chassis, perhaps TV62 or its partners (TV63, 53 etc) that used the same twin parallel chassis. Great sets to work and giving outstanding results. I think I have a spare lopt but I've never know one to be duff. I've worked on a number of these back in my B&W collecting days. Cut my teeth on the TV62 as my very first foray into TV repairs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2020 1:14 pm
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Quite right Chris, in this case a TV53. I will start a new thread shortly.

By the way, the prize for guessing this is a two week all expenses paid holiday in the Bahamas.

The booked flight leaves Luton Airport in 15 minutes from the time of this post. Don't miss it !  ? 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/09/2020 2:17 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Posted by: @pye625

By the way, the prize for guessing this is a two week all expenses paid holiday in the Bahamas.

The booked flight leaves Luton Airport in 15 minutes from the time of this post. Don't miss it

This came to mind "Whoa I'm going to Barbados" (OK its 1,000 miles due south of the Bahamas but I'm sure if I bung the captain a bribe)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2020 2:28 pm