Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Black and Green Television!

Brian Cuff
(@briancuff)
Noble V-Ratter Rest in Peace

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, Chris, but I couldn't find a more suitable forum!

I, in my copious spare time, have started making the Argus TV as described in the June 1952 Practical Television magazine. I have had the shop-made blank chassis for a number of years now (ebay) and thought it's about time to start. I have ordered a couple of mains transformers from Majestic Transformers in Poole, Dorset and what a splendid company that is. Not too expensive but they supply super varnish impregnated custom products.

If anyone has a 6" CRT CV2810, I would love to buy it.

I will be detailing my progress as I get on and hopefully, it won't impede the Marconi 702 restoration too much.

Watch this space.

Forum Memorial

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/09/2016 9:30 am
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

Hi Brian,

Granted, you could have put it in the colour section (well, green is a colourrolf_gif), I think monochrome green would still qualify as B&W......grin_gif

Marion

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 8:57 pm
peterscott
(@peterscott)
Prominent V-Ratter Registered

Brian Cuff said

If anyone has a 6" CRT CV2810, I would love to buy it.

Hi Brian,

Would a VCR97 do?

Kind regards,

Peter

Oops! Hadn't read your Argus thread 'til now.

www.nostalgiatech.co.uk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2016 4:16 pm
Brian Cuff
(@briancuff)
Noble V-Ratter Rest in Peace

Hello Peter

I have a couple of VCR97s although they both seem to be a bit week but I need to see them when they have a full video drive and that won't be until I have got the RF section working properly. I'm waiting for some screened coil formers in order to try a better designed RF strip so can say whether or not I need to try another VCR97!

Forum Memorial

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/11/2016 6:34 pm