Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Bush TV 62 service/diagram?

Alastair
(@alastair)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Still trying to track down the hum on this set as well as a few other things, Anyone got a schematic for it?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/04/2014 11:44 am
Terry
(@terrykc)
Famed V-Ratter Rest in Peace

Alastair,

The Trader sheet in the Technical Library for the TV53 should be helpful to you while you are waiting for the correct one as much of it is the same - or close enough for most purposes.

Main differences I recall are a change from magnetically to electrostatically focussed CRT and an EY86 in place of the EY51.

When all else fails, read the instructions

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2014 12:30 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

You can get the actual Bush manual here http://www.thevalvepage.com/tvmanu/bush/bush.htm scroll to the bottom of the page.

I have the same manual but have not scanned it yet ( rather busy). If Jon is ok with it, I could take a copy and host it in the library.

The Trader index quotes 1236 as the sheet for the TV53,TV56,TV62, TUG58 & TUG59, that is already in the library.

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing
Vrat FaceBook: Follow us

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2014 12:35 pm
Alastair
(@alastair)

Ah--Thats brill, Now I can find out what its for!

There's this diode you see......

An OA81 in the flywheel line-sync (or appears to be!) and me picture still got the shakes...... :ccb

Thanks for the tip on the Valve-Page diagram, I had been using the very similar TV53 but this TV62 is a later (1957/8) set and there's a few differences....

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/04/2014 9:31 am
Anonymous
(@anonymous)
Illustrious V-Ratter Deactivated Account

A few thoughts

If the pic still has the shakes after changing the flywheel diodes presumably the ECC82 line osc
valve is ok & pins making good contact with the base?

Line hold control dodgy pot ?

Is the line drive trimmer TC2 ok ?

(I'm using Newnes Red Book 1957/58 page 270 presumably same numbering...)

Cheers

Hugh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2014 7:07 pm
Alastair
(@alastair)

You have it there! Dodgy line-hold pot!

Good clean up, now nice and steady.

Its the damed Hum I just cant seem to cure--not That noticable, but on stationary picture, definitely visible--Especially the bottom half of the picture!

Changed the main smoothing-block, C31 the cap from the heater-rail to the HT line, its series resistor,--everything!
In desparation, I thought the new caps had too low an ESR so tried a 1 ohm series-resistor on the 200uF section,--still no good.

Even tried 600uF on the HT rail--Hum remains,--no better, no worse. Doing me head in!

Thought I had it at one point--Changed over the two PCL83, one in the frame for the one in the audio, Looked like it was cured--until it came back (It was just the hum was in sync with the frame at the time....)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/04/2014 8:15 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Just for information: I have scanned my copy of the Bush manufacturers TV62 service sheet, it now resides in the library.

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing
Vrat FaceBook: Follow us

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2014 8:35 pm