5 Users
0 Likes
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter

Hi all,

And welcome to my latest GEC set, a BT302 which was kindly supplied by our very own Club member Alastair (Cheers mate) and transportation very kindly undertaken by John (Jayceebee) again thanks very much my friend. This is probably going to be the next project to go on the bench once the Ekco TMB272 has left but I thought I would grab some photo's of the set in it's 'as arrived' condition for you all to see.

External condition seems quite fair apart from a bump to the top front of the cabinet and a missing 'fine tune' control knob (don't suppose anyone has one going spare in their junk box do they ?). Internally it's a little bit grubby but not bad at all, everything looks more or less as it should do with just the leads to the contrast pot disconnected and shorted out for some reason. All the components seem original but best of all is that the CRT seems to have plenty of life left in it according to the B&K CRT tester.

As I said it will be a little while before this set lands on the bench but it looks like a promising candidate.

Marc.

DSCF3842-Medium.JPGDSCF3843-Medium.JPGDSCF3844-Medium.JPGDSCF3846-Medium.JPGDSCF3847-Medium.JPGDSCF3848-Medium.JPGDSCF3849-Medium.JPGDSCF3850-Medium.JPGDSCF3852-Medium.JPG

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

Posted : 30/10/2016 3:33 pm
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed Member Registered

Has all the promise for a nice set to restore.....looking forward to it Marc.

I'm sure a suitable knob will turn up. You are in the best place here to find one wink 

To understand the black art of electronics is to understand witchcraft. Andrew.

Posted : 30/10/2016 5:11 pm
colourstar
(@colourstar)
Honorable Member Registered

Looks great Marc, just how we like to find them. I do like sets from the 17" slimline era. You may inspire me to have a crack at my Ferguson 546T, longtime round-tuit pile resident, or even the Philco 1040. Symmetrical sets were very 'on-trend' at the turn of the 60s.

Good luck,

Steve

Rt1.jpgrt2.jpg

Posted : 30/10/2016 8:33 pm
sideband
(@sideband)
Famed Member Moderator

All those classic TV programmes likely to have been watched on that.....Danger Man, Emergency-Ward 10, the very first Coronation Street, early Doctor Who, Perry Mason, Z Cars, Bonanza, Rawhide........

Posted : 30/10/2016 9:18 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter

colourstar said
You may inspire me to have a crack at my Ferguson 546T, longtime round-tuit pile resident, or even the Philco 1040. 

Steve. 

I do hope so Steve, those sets of yours have been craving attention for so long, I can't wait to see them alive. wink

Marc. 

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

Posted : 30/10/2016 9:23 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter

sideband said
All those classic TV programmes likely to have been watched on that.....Danger Man, Emergency-Ward 10, the very first Coronation Street, early Doctor Who, Perry Mason, Z Cars, Bonanza, Rawhide........  

And I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't see some of those programs again ! grin_gif

Marc.

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

Posted : 30/10/2016 9:26 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

colourstar said
 Symmetrical sets were very 'on-trend' at the turn of the 60s.

That style still looks good today, the set makers all had one of that style but with nice subtle differences. Today a flat screen is a flat screen cannot tell one from the other.

Frank

Frank

Posted : 30/10/2016 9:38 pm
Share: