Invicta T105.

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

Recently acquired the chassis of an Invicta T105, the previous owner had to scrap the cabinet because of woodworm.

So it's going to be a new cabinet construction job. That'll be later this year.  It'll be much easier if the dimensions of an existing T105 set are measured but if not I have the card cabinet back so it'll be possible to guess at the dimensions from that component.

The set works in a fashion but that old problem of faulty slider controls has manifested itself, the brightness and frame hold controls have failed  Most likely rotary controls are the answer to that problem.

As can be seen in the first attachment the chassis fitted neatly into the limited space of the car boot. The second shows the appearance of an Invicta T105.

Till Eulenspiegel.InvictaT105_43.jpgInvictaT105_44.jpgInvictaT105_45.jpgInvictaT105_46.jpg

Posted : 28/07/2017 5:06 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

That makes a nice change from all the TV22's and LV/BV20's that often pop up on the forums, though I suspect its fairly similar to the latter. I see from the Valve Page its a TRF. So come David what's the bottle line-up and their functions?

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 28/07/2017 6:13 pm
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed Member Registered

Till Eulenspiegel said

So it's going to be a new cabinet construction job.

InvictaT105_44.jpg  

Blimey, that was quick !!     grin_gif

No seriously, well done for obtaining a chassis and I'm looking forward to the progress of restoration.

Am I right in assuming this is pretty much the same as a Pye chassis?

To understand the black art of electronics is to understand witchcraft. Andrew.

Posted : 28/07/2017 6:16 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

Hi Andrew, that is the same question I was going to ask, the address on The Valve page is St Andrews road Cambridge so I thought it very well could be.

Frank

Posted : 28/07/2017 8:15 pm
acj1980
(@acj1980)
Reputable Member Registered

Very nice little Television, it looks very similar to the Pye from 1947, what valve is for the HV hor. out? my guess is EL38 maybe.

It´s a very big work to make a new cabinet, do you want to make it by your self ?

Alex 😉 

Posted : 28/07/2017 8:41 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

Hi Alex,

Dead right, the line output valve is the EL38, actually the EL38M which is the metallised version.  Other valves employed in the sound and vision receiver sections are  the EF50 pentode and EB41 double-diode.  Sound output an EL33.  EF50s are used in the timebases as the line and frame oscillators, the frame output is also an EF50.  The HT rectifier was a finned metal type, this component has failed and has been replaced with a silicon diode and series resistor.

The CRT is a Mullard MW22-14.

The signal circuits resemble the 1946 Pye model D16. The timebases are similar to 1948 Pye LV20 and like the LV20 the EHT comes from the line flyback. The set we're discussing was made or perhaps modified for the Holme Moss transmitter and  therefore is aligned to channel B2. Versions of the T105 were made for the Birmingham transmitter.  

Till Eulenspiegel.

Posted : 28/07/2017 9:16 pm
acj1980
(@acj1980)
Reputable Member Registered

Till Eulenspiegel said
Hi Alex,

Dead right, the line output valve is the EL38, actually the EL38M which is the metallised version.  Other valves employed in the sound and vision receiver sections are  the EF50 pentode and EB41 double-diode.  Sound output an EL33.  EF50s are used in the timebases as the line and frame oscillators, the frame output is also an EF50.  The HT rectifier was a finned metal type, this component has failed and has been replaced with a silicon diode and series resistor.

The CRT is a Mullard MW22-14.

The signal circuits resemble the 1946 Pye model D16. The timebases are similar to 1948 Pye LV20 and like the LV20 the EHT comes from the line flyback. The set we're discussing was made or perhaps modified for the Holme Moss transmitter and  therefore is aligned to channel B2. Versions of the T105 were made for the Birmingham transmitter.  

Till Eulenspiegel.  

Haha i knew it, i know the national radiostation (later Radio and television station) in Denmark in late 1948 buyed 2 TV receivers from Pye for testing the transmitter they buyed from philips the same year, (they also buyed a kind of videomixer and two television cameras (iconoskope)

Alex

Posted : 28/07/2017 11:23 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

How about this? Some time ago a customer brought in an old bed head board, could use this to make the cabinet for the Invicta T105, or something else perhaps.

Till Eulenspiegel.

InvictaT105_47.jpg

Posted : 04/10/2017 5:54 pm
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed Member Registered

Till Eulenspiegel said
How about this? Some time ago a customer brought in an old bed head board, could use this to make the cabinet for the Invicta T105, or something else perhaps.

Till Eulenspiegel.

InvictaT105_47.jpg  

Is there no limit to your ingenuity Till?    welld_gif

To understand the black art of electronics is to understand witchcraft. Andrew.

Posted : 04/10/2017 7:21 pm
Share: