KB SV20 Prgress

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Cobaltblue
(@cobaltblue)
Honorable Member Registered
Topic starter

Haven't had much time for this since I got it but I had a couple of hours today as I am off work with Norovirus.

Its been pretty straightforward so far but there are still a few caps to change.

There are a few resistors outside tolerance but they don't seem to be making much difference so I am leaving them for now.

The cogging was the worst I had ever seen until I changed the sync coupling capacitor.

Apart from changing a few more caps there are a couple of things I need to find the causes of.

The width starts too wide but settles down after 15 minutes or so and the EHT rect flashes over once in a while.

Its difficult to see if its inside the rectifier but I have cleaned the outside I think its an R20 no sign of ionisation inside

Cheers

Mike T

I don't care if it was a bargain whats it doing on my kitchen table. www.cossor.co.uk

Posted : 19/05/2015 8:51 pm
Cobaltblue
(@cobaltblue)
Topic starter

Getting quite a lot of sound on vision had to disconnect the audio.

Might just be I need an attenuator before I get the genny out.

Cheers

Mike T

I don't care if it was a bargain whats it doing on my kitchen table. www.cossor.co.uk

Posted : 19/05/2015 9:36 pm
Cobaltblue
(@cobaltblue)
Topic starter

Looks like the Audio output of the Panasonic DVD player way too high, I have never used this one with the Aurora before.

A quick bodge reducing the level 10:1 fixed it :bba

The other problems seem to be with the AGC not working and the output of the Aurora too high.

Another evening for that though.

Cheers

Mike T

Posted : 19/05/2015 10:03 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

Looking good, nice bright picture.
Commiserations on the sickness, I was there last week.
Frank

Frank

Posted : 19/05/2015 11:02 pm
Share: