B&W TV Name the TV

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
mfd70
(@mfd70)
Honorable Member Registered
Topic starter

There are two old TV's in the pictures of this abandoned house, can anyone identify them ? One looks like an old dual standard set and the other a bit newer.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/welsh-homes/inside-abandoned-welsh-cottage-still-21317684

Posted : 16/08/2021 9:38 am
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

@mfd70 

I have looked but cannot identify them.

Frank

Posted : 17/08/2021 2:21 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

I looked at it long and hard, and agree with Frank, the photos are just too poor in quality for an accurate attempt at identification.

So I'll have a guess, the first looks like a mid to late 1960's B&W dual standard, possibly a GEC. I can't remember the model, but I had one a few years back, seem to remember it was something like a GEC 2000 series.

The second one, well that's even harder as all you've got to go on is the cabinet. From the shape of the tube, It looks like it 26" with square corner (A67 120X) so suggests to me it might be a colour, maybe a B&O in a nice rosewood case.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 17/08/2021 3:26 pm
19Seventie
(@19seventie)
Estimable Member Registered

I couldn't say for the dual standard set but the colour set my thoughts were a G11.

It looks as though the top right hand side has a bit sticking out, like the tuning drawer on some G11s. Though the screen looks like it could be bigger in the picture in the link?

Could be wrong of course

Posted : 17/08/2021 8:36 pm
Share: