Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Non destructive Tube Reactivation, Updated!

Page 3 / 3

peterscott
(@peterscott)
Prominent V-Ratter Registered

Here's his advice:

I forgot to mention an important detail about reactivating CRT's, you'll remember I said do it with the screen uppermost, what I also should have added, but forgot, was don't take the crt out of cabinet, leave it all as it is, just get two chairs side by side, spread them apart so that they are a few inches narrower than than width of the cabinet, and then rest the TV between the chairs with the base of crt facing the floor.
Couple up your tester( on the floor next to you) and check it all out.
I've done it hundreds of times, providing you take care, the chairs must be the same, and be firm, its a doddle. Should the TV slip then all will be ruined, your reputation as well, so no "that will do" its got to be 100% safe, watch out for flimsy plastic cabinets, they can be nasty, as I said, only 100% is good enough, be warned.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2016 8:07 pm
peterscott
(@peterscott)
Prominent V-Ratter Registered

I was recently experimenting with the EMI push-about coil and discovered another little quirk for increasing emission. This (needless to say) was on my 6/6. I found that I could improve the emission by placing an ion trap magnet on this straight gunned tube. I'm guessing that the field is directing a different part of the stream from the cathode through the aperture.

P1050049 (Medium)

Peter

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2019 11:56 am
Sundog and PYE625 liked
6.3volts
(@6-3volts)
Active V-Ratter Registered

@terrykc

It does happen. I have a couple of hundred used EF 80s and in testing them I probably dropped about 10 into my "dud" box. These are showing less than 20% or even zero. Interestingly I have rarely used my spares as the only EF 80s I've replaced for some time had gone to air.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2020 10:49 am
Page 3 / 3