Clear all

Forum 141

Philco Predicta

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Forum 142
(@Anonymous)

Probably my first post in the B&W forum... Yesterday I was returning my travel suitcases to the rental locker, at least that was the plan. Earlier in the day another locker "caught fire" and the place was on lock down. Fortunately it was on the other side of the building, and quickly dealt with by the fire department. Leaving me to wonder what was stored in there?

No amount of insurance would replace my 'treasure' (which could equally be called "another man's junk")

The second chore was to measure the size of a Philco Predicta 17inch TV. I have a transport project on the calendar.

More details to follow.

Philco_Predicta.JPG

Question to the Mods; I couldn't find a forum for "Pre and Post war 525-line TV..."

Okay to move this post if its in the wrong place.

Posted : 04/04/2017 3:09 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

FordAnglia said

Question to the Mods; I couldn't find a forum for "Pre and Post war 525-line TV..."

Hi Peter,

An oversight on my part, I guess I did not really expect U.S.A sets to be ever be covered here with us being a UK forum. I'm over the moon to see you contributing such a thread and such and iconic set to. For a few years now I've followed a couple of great American CTV restorers on you-tube Shango and drh463. Shango does all sorts, B&W, colour and radio, he did an excellent repair video on a tower Predicata some while ago, they're very sought after sets.

Rather than adding all the line standards to the section description, I've removed specifics, its now open to all.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 04/04/2017 6:33 am
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

Is the set that was advertised as the service mans dream set? The chassis slides out on rails.

I have only seen them in the USA magazines.

Frank

Posted : 04/04/2017 9:40 am
Lloyd
(@lloyd)
Prominent Member Registered

What a fantastic looking TV! It'll be great to see you get it going.

Pleased that your storage locker wasn't too near the fire, quite worrying to think you pay all that money to store stuff, only to loose it to some numpty burning down the locker next door! It's also reminded me I need to get on and clear mine out (and pay for it again today...).

I also like watching Shango's videos on youtube, I watched his one about the very crusty Philco-Ford TV last night!

I'd love to add one of these to my collection, but they rarely turn up over here, and when they do they fetch a fortune. I did manage to add a lovely little 7" Motorolla 525-line TV to the collection a couple of years back, maybe it's time I had it on the bench?eek_gif

Regards,

Lloyd.

Posted : 04/04/2017 11:35 am
Share: