Share:
Notifications
Clear all

PYE 569

The_Teleman
(@the_teleman)
Active V-Ratter Registered

Well this has been an awesome week as far as TVs collecting goes
It's been ages since I've come across any PYE sets to add to my collection but then I get 2 in a week
Well I suppose that's how this hobby goes
My second set this week is a PYE single standard 625 model 86 it's a 20 inch set using the 569 chassis , this is my first set of the single standard type
The cabinet is identical to the previous dual standard set having a teak finish with a 6 button tuner
Sadly someone before me has had a go at the lopt
The overwind is cracked & all the wired from the EHT rectifier have been removed with the addition of a stick rectifier rather poorly fitted .

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/04/2016 2:08 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Most likely a Philips 210 line transformer could be fitted in to the 569 chassis. The transformer in your set has a Philips look about.
Alternatively, there's the tripler option.

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2016 5:21 pm
neil1974
(@neil1974)
Honorable V-Ratter Registered

I've got a 95/4 in the shed that ive never touched electrically. but it's a bit plain for my taste :aaj and if you would like it let me know.

Cheers
Neil.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2016 10:31 pm
colourstar
(@colourstar)
Honorable V-Ratter Registered

Lovely set Chris. I've always liked hybrid 625-only sets as a breed, although I suppose they are a bit plain after the dual-standard era. I have a BRC 1500 and a GEC Fineline, so just missing an ITT, a Rank A774 and a Pye really!

What's the story with your set? Where did it come from?

Steve

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2016 11:26 pm
The_Teleman
(@the_teleman)

Hi , guys thanks for the input , " till" I think I may have a lopt to fit although the box says its for a 169 I think it's the same lopt
Neil , yes please any sets or spares by PYE that you don't want I'm sure I could find a good home .
Steve , I don't know a lot about the set ,the guy I bought it from picked it up at a car boot in Yorkshire for £5 . It cost me more than that though
Why can I never find things like that at car boot sales ?

Cheers
Chris

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/04/2016 5:28 am
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

Man has a 169 lopt!!! :ccb

Look at my 169 thread for details of the 520 transformer conversion

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/04/2016 6:59 pm
The_Teleman
(@the_teleman)

I have watched your thread with great interest.
Unfortunately I only have the one pye 169 loot don't know why they seem to be so scarce

Chris

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/04/2016 9:21 pm