Featured
Latest
Stella ST1011U line...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Forum 141

B&W TV Stella ST1011U line output transformer substitution.

43 Posts
7 Users
90 Likes
Bobhowe
(@bobhowe)
Estimable Member Registered

Hi Frank thanks for the explanation my Grand Parents had a dual standard TV ( cant remember the make ) and as a child i can remember the white spot on the screen when they turned the TV off after Grandstand on a Saturday . Hi David 10 Minutes is a life time would have been worried about Iron Burn as well going to start a new thread kind regards Bob

Posted : 04/10/2021 9:20 pm
Derren
(@derren)
Estimable Member Registered

You've worked wonders with this set Till!  Super bright image, rock solid line hold and that piercing line whistle is one of the loudest I've encountered, just when I thought I could no longer hear it, smashing!

Posted : 05/10/2021 6:53 am
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

Hi Derek,  it was one of the more difficult line output transformer substitution tasks but in the end the results are most satisfactory. Also, the employment of the Thorn jellypot will allay any concerns about the transformer ever failing again.   Picture interlace is excellent, more so considering the simple circuit employed to supply the frame sync to the oscillator.  One lesson learnt was the screening box around the line output stage must be in place. Without it radiation of line flyback pulses from the line output transformer cancel out the sync pulses causing difficulties with the line and frame synchronising. 

Till Eulenspiegel.

Posted : 05/10/2021 10:33 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: