STELLA ST1481AF PROJECTION TV

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Spot-Wobble
(@spot-wobble)
Honorable Member Registered
Topic starter

What shall I do with a Stella ,TV, what shall I do with a Stella, TV, what shall I do with a Stella TV, though its wood worm eaten.
Hay ho its full of worm holes, hay ho its full of worm holes, hay ho its full of worm holes, falling all to bits.

All sung to the tune of ' What shall we do with a drunken sailor'

I while back I picked up the twin to my Stella ST1481AF projection TV. It is full of worm holes and the cabinet is falling to bits in places after decades of feasting wood worm.
It seems a shame to scrap it for spares but the reality of me making a new cabinet for it is slim.
I thought I would open it up to fellow VRATS to vote on its future.
I promise to abide by the final vote either way.
Please enter the Poll.

Andy

Posted : 02/01/2015 9:47 pm
Refugee
(@refugee)
Noble Member Registered

I would offer the chassis to someone whom has the cabinet restoration skills needed to get it looking good again.

Posted : 02/01/2015 10:02 pm
linesync
(@linesync)
Trusted Member Registered

Hi Andy
For me its an easy question to answer.
Projection sets have never been that popular with collectors I think because of there size and so accordingly are not usually worth very much.
I was given a very rough Philips projection console a long time ago when nobody wanted them and because of the dread full state it was in I had no worries about scrapping it.
I salvaged lots of useful spares off the chassis and years later gave the eht unit to another collector.

Posted : 02/01/2015 10:31 pm
ntscuser
(@ntscuser)

I would offer the chassis to someone whom has the cabinet restoration skills needed to get it looking good again.

+1

Classic TV Theme Tunes

Posted : 03/01/2015 1:41 am
danny
(@danny)
Estimable Member Registered

Hi its been on this earth all these years it would be a shame for it to end up as parts although could help get other projection sets going as a doner. Trevor seems keen so see what he has to swap. Danny

Posted : 03/01/2015 11:00 pm
Spot-Wobble
(@spot-wobble)
Topic starter

Have replied now!

Trevor,

I have two of these projection sets which I would be open to do a swap for something else.
I have just bought an original service manual off Ebay for the Stellas. That will be included.
PM me with what you have to swap.

Andy

Posted : 06/01/2015 5:54 pm
Share: