Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] 1955 Murphy V230

crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

As some of you may be aware the bulk of the "crusty collection" is in the process of being sold and in many cases items are being given FOC. I've tried off-loading this to a few folk who turned up to take their items, but despite being free no one loves this ugly duckling.

Yep it has got that notorious Mazda four anode firecracker (U801). Murphy used the infamous configuration of employing half acting as an efficiency diode, the other half as the H.T. Rectifier. I did bring the set up on the variac when I first got it, no expected fireworks in the U801. Once this set got a full taste of mains, the line-output was inaudible but checking the EHT it was found to be present and a dim raster observed. If I remember correctly its full of hunts and TCC's, all leaky as a sieve. I also remember a couple of components with their wires off/loose. As I say not touched by me in any way whatsoever.

It's in excellent condition, a re-gun tube is fitted. Cracking of the mask is normal for the age, its stable and has not got any worse in the five years+ I've had it.  Ready for someone to spend a few evenings at their bench giving it some TLC. Oh, and it has its mains lead. Service data is in the data library.

No newly registered members for the purpose of getting it or any others, will be considered, they are for V-ratters. However, I'm also happy for it to go to any local member of our sister forum UKVRRR, as long as it can be collected ASAP. I want this gone and preferably to a local member who can pick up within the next couple of weeks as I don't want it hanging around any longer. As I say, Its free of charge as it was also given to me.

v230 1
v230 2
v230 3
v230 4

Preference will be given to whoever can pick it up the quickest. If its not gone in two weeks it will go on e-bay at 99p to whatever fate it may face.

Topic starter Posted : 24/02/2020 11:22 am
MurphyV310
(@murphyv310)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered
Posted by: @crustytv

As some of you may be aware the bulk of the "crusty collection" is in the process of being sold and in many cases items are being given FOC. I've trieds in the process of being sold and in some cases items are being given FOC. I've tried off-loading this to a few folk who turned up to take their items, but despite being free no one loves this ugly duckling.

These are great TV's with a very sharp and bright picture. I have one but it has an intermittent cathode open circuit, one tap on the neck and it plays all day but what a beautiful picture. Mine is a bit tatty to be fair.

Well worth going for especially as it FOC.

Posted : 24/02/2020 11:33 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Well that was quick, the Murphy is off to a new loving home along with another TV to keep it company, many thanks. ? 

Plenty more still to go but for now, this Murphy thread is closed

Topic starter Posted : 24/02/2020 12:52 pm