Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2 boxes of TV Valves foc

Brian Cuff
(@briancuff)
Noble V-Ratter Rest in Peace

Hi

I have these valves (as a start) to get rid of. They are packed in small cardboard boxes which will cheapen postal charges. The first is a box full, most of which were originally in their makers' boxes. Being stored in a very damp shed made sure that the boxes did not survive. I'm sure that some of them are pulls but the majority certainly look like new valves with their printing nice and bright and white!

Valves-with-boxes.jpg      Valves-without-boxes.jpg

I will treat postage costs as a donation from you to Dulwich so nothing to pay!

Forum Memorial

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/06/2017 11:10 am
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

The ECL86 valve if in new condition are being sold for £25 or so.

https://www.watfordvalves.com/products.asp?search=ecl86

Frank

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2017 1:57 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)

Hi Brian,

Could I put my name into the hat please.

Cheers, Marc.

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2017 4:16 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

I too would be interested in joining "the hat" on those - there are three valves, straight off, that I'm looking for to build a simple stereo amplifier (ECL86, ECL86 and EZ81,). A 30F5 - just what I need for a GEC TV restoration, and better than trying to use an EF80.

Some useful valves in that little lot....thumb_gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2017 7:41 pm
Brian Cuff
(@briancuff)

I'm glad that there are some useful valves there. I will ask that whoever gets the "prize", will not forget the Dulwich museum and donate a useful sum. I do not want anything for them but the museum should really benefit from them. As I said, they mostly, will be brand new but boxless because of the damp shed that they lived in for many, many years. A retired electronics design engineer whose hobby was messing around in his shed, building things. He is now very ill and his wife is clearing his "stuff" - a bit like me reallyeek_gifeek_gif.

Forum Memorial

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/06/2017 9:22 am
Brian Cuff
(@briancuff)

The hat will be "operated " next week end. So far, only two names, Marion and Marc so get your bid in quickly if you want to participate in the draw. Good luck.

Forum Memorial

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/06/2017 10:15 am
Brian Cuff
(@briancuff)

Well, no more names in the hat so I did a draw this evening and Marion won with Marc coming a close second so I decided to send the boxed ones to Marion and the loose ones to Marc.

I'm sure that I have the relevant addresses etc. but to make things easier for me, can you both send your details to me via email so that there will be no mistakes or typos in addressing the parcels. I will get them off to you either tomorrow or Tuesday and if I find any more, I'll pop those in the parcel as well.

That hat draw cost me a bottle of Champagne - well, you have to celebrate, don't you!cheers. There's no smiley for Champagne so I had to use the scotch one and I hate Scotch but c'est la Vie and good luck with the PCL86 amplifier Marion.

Forum Memorial

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2017 10:19 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)

That's a nice surprise Brian, thank you very much.

Hope the bubbles didn't tickle your nose too much. cheersgrin_gif

Cheers, Marc.

PS...PM on it's way.

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2017 10:53 pm
Brian Cuff
(@briancuff)

Hopefully, I will get the valves under way to you either today or tomorrow. It will be by Royal Mail small packet service.

Forum Memorial

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/06/2017 9:08 am
Brian Cuff
(@briancuff)

Both boxes sent 2nd class Monday so you should get them Thursday or Friday. Please forward the boxed valves to Marion when she is better. Looking at the two lots before I packed them, I thing you, Marc, got the best deal as there seemed to be many more valves and most had clear, clean printing on them so did not look like pulls at all!

Forum Memorial

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/06/2017 1:27 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)

Hi Brian,

Both boxes have arrived here safely and I will pass on Marion's box as soon as I hear from her.

The selection of valves is great and I've already spotted a couple that I've been wanting for a couple of stalled projects so I'm "well chuffed" I'll pass on a few valves out of my box to Marion as well. Thank you very much Brian.

I shall be forwarding a donation through to Dulwich within the next few days.

Cheers, Marc.

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2017 3:20 pm