Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Couple of Television Stands - FOC

mendipviews
(@mendipviews)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

Making a start on the workshop tidy up over the Christmas Holidays and these stands have been loitering in the rafters.

I don't know what sets these will fit but hopefully useful to someone.

Measurements are:-

Large Base Stand - Length = 68cm x Width = 46cm x Height = 40cm

Other two are - Length = 68.5cm x Width = 29cm x Height = 26cm

The bigger one does have a few worm holes but nothing major and one of the smaller one has a damaged wheel

I belive they do come apart so easy to post or Forum Courier Service

TV Legs
TV Legs (2)
TV Legs (1)
TV Legs (3)
Topic starter Posted : 26/12/2018 9:36 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

The stands with castors are I suspect are suitable for 19" Thorn 8500 models such as the Ferguson 3713 and it's clones.

Posted : 26/12/2018 10:18 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Hi Luke,

PM on the way regarding one of the smaller Thorn 8500 stands.

Posted : 26/12/2018 11:21 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Posted by: Jayceebee

The stands with castors are I suspect are suitable for 19" Thorn 8500 models such as the Ferguson 3713 and it's clones.

They may look like they fit the 8000/8500 but if Luke's measurements of the stands are correct, then they certainly do not fit the 19" 3713 and as such might also not fit other equivalents.

I have the Ferguson 3713 and its original stand, measuring that stand shows the width is 65cm, therefore the stands offered here are 3.5cm's too wide.

Although not historically accurate, I also checked to see if one the stands might be of use to my 19" HMV 2703 as I don't have a stand for that set.  However the 2703 is 65.5cm wide so again the stands are too wide. The only set where the stands measurement of 68.5cm matched, was for the Ultra 22" 6714.

Might be worth checking that the stand measurements provided are indeed as stated and will be a fit as I don't think they are for 19" sets.

Posted : 27/12/2018 11:24 am
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)

Hi Chris,

Well spotted about the size of the stands. Would you if it is possible to shorten them or were they permanently 'machined' to size ?

Posted : 27/12/2018 11:30 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

From the photos provided above, the stands "look" to be constructed in the same manner as the one I have on my 3713, though this would need to be confirmed by Luke.

I've sketched a drawing below to show how they fit together.

tvstand

The Thorn stand on my 3713 and which looks very similar to the one on offer here (except for size) are made of two whole side sections, with front and rear cross members. Each of the side sections have two large ornate head screws that pass through the side section into the cross members. I would think if you have the necessary wood-working skill and tools to produce a clean, precision cut, you "should" be able to reduce the front and rear cross members to the correct size.  I've indicated this with the red line on the sketch.

However what I cannot remember is if the screws pass directly into the cross members wood or if the cross members have a metal sleeve inserted into the wood, to receive the screws thread. The former would mean cutting down the cross members would be simple, the latter would mean switching to a metal saw blade when meeting the internal sleeve jacket. My gut thinks it is the former (no internal jacket).

Certainly some things to check.

• Were the measurements provided correct.
  • Are the stands constructed as I suggested above.
  • Do the front and rear cross members receive screws directly into the wood or are they received into inserted metal jackets within the cross member wood.

Posted : 27/12/2018 12:00 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)

Thanks for the info Chris, you have covered more or less the same thoughts that have been going through my mind. I'll see what Luke comes back with regarding 'sleeve inserts' but I dare say I may well be able to adapt the stand to fit.

Once again Cheers  ? 

Posted : 27/12/2018 12:24 pm
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

The stand with the bottom of the set attached is a itt cvc2. Could I please have it to match my cvc2.

Regards  

Gary. 

Posted : 01/01/2019 2:40 pm
mendipviews
(@mendipviews)
Posted by: colourmaster

The stand with the bottom of the set attached is a itt cvc2. Could I please have it to match my cvc2.

Regards  

Gary. 

Hi Gary,

No problem I think the legs can be removed to aid postage or can be collected. I will weigh it and get a shipping cost if you want to PM your details

Many Thanks

Luke

Topic starter Posted : 05/01/2019 12:38 pm
mendipviews
(@mendipviews)
Posted by: Marc

Thanks for the info Chris, you have covered more or less the same thoughts that have been going through my mind. I'll see what Luke comes back with regarding 'sleeve inserts' but I dare say I may well be able to adapt the stand to fit.

Once again Cheers  ? 

I will get the stand down to double check and report back

Cheers Luke

Topic starter Posted : 05/01/2019 12:40 pm
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Hi Luke 

That will be great, if you let me know the postal costs I'll remburse you immediately  

Many thanks. 

Gary. 

Posted : 05/01/2019 12:42 pm