Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wanted Dynatron Elan Radio for restoration

John_D
(@john_d)
New V-Ratter Registered

Hi, having a bit of a clear out and came across this rather high end 1960's transistor radio. It's in very good condition overall and nothing is missing. There is a click in the speaker when turned on, but otherwise dead.. Would make a good restoration project and probably only needs transistor replacement to get it going. £15 plus carriage (about a fiver for UK?) ......

Dynatron Elan circuit
Dynatron Elan 3
Dynatron Elan 2
Dynatron Elan 1

John.....

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/03/2021 12:27 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

I have one of these! - A Very nice radio with decent quality sound. Mine only works on the FM band (likely to have dud AF11x transistors (tin whiskers) in the AM IF module). I aught to get round to changing them, but I only ever used it on FM anyway and have no urgent need of AM.

The speaker is by Fane, not the best speakers in the world, but seem to give a good account themselves in these radios. Powered by 2xPP9 batteries (18V).

Mine was saved from a trip to the tip when its owner said to me "Would this be of any interest to you?" - It came for free, and I had no idea of how good it was going to be. - Tunes fully from 87.5MHz to 108MHz.

Well worth restoring.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2021 3:11 pm
Alex728 liked
John_D
(@john_d)
New V-Ratter Registered

@katie-bush I acquired this radio over 30 years ago, as a non worker, it was put to one side then, and forgotten about. I have put the necessary 18 volts on it to test it and from the voltage readings, found in the push pull output stage, it would appear that the output transistors have failed........

John...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/03/2021 10:54 pm