Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Ferguson Portable TV

Pye Man
(@pye-man)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Clearing out a friend's storeroom I intercepted this  TV set on the way to the tip. I know nothing about the model - don't know if it is b/w or colour - and the only information on it is Model no. 38030 plus another sticker on the back that says G3-41. It's cream coloured and has a small amount of damage to the case on one corner. Grubby, but has been stored in the dry. Don't know if it is of any interest but worth a post to see. FOC.

Nick

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/10/2018 11:20 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

The Ferguson 38030 is a 12"  Black & White portable TV, uses the 1790 series chassis, has rotary tuning and dates from 1984

39030fer

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing
Vrat FaceBook: Follow us

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2018 11:35 am
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

It's brother, the 308030 uses odd ball scan-dervived EHT . I don't know if it's the same chassis.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2018 3:13 pm
MongooseDC
(@mongoosedc)
Trusted V-Ratter Deactivated Account

Is it possible to get a picture of the set?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2018 6:26 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

It's a Thorn 1790 chassis, the component count is very small as a lot of processing is carried out by a Motorola MC13002P IC. Can't say I remember anything unusual about the line stage as they were pretty reliable, the only bad feature was the rather heavy mains transformer mounted on the PCB. Cracked boards due to heavy handling was the inevitable result.

G3-41 means it was manufactured in Gosport 1983 week 41, probably someones Christmas present.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2018 8:09 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Scan derived EHT, not heard that term before, anymore information on the technology?

Frank

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2018 10:29 pm
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)
Posted by: Nuvistor

Scan derived EHT, not heard that term before, anymore information on the technology?

It was just developed during scan, rather than flyback. Odd....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2018 11:00 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

?

Frank

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/10/2018 8:40 am
Pye Man
(@pye-man)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered
Posted by: MongooseDC

Is it possible to get a picture of the set?

I've put it somewhere safe in the store area, unfortunately it is some miles from my home and I don't know when I'll be next up there. (Only have a dumb-phone so no photo capability.)

Nick

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/10/2018 6:12 pm