Notifications
Clear all

For Free--Nearly!

Page 2 / 2

Alastair
(@alastair)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Sets are now on their way to you guys!

John, (jayceebee) collected them late on today and also dropped off a Teleton portable CTV from Mike

(Thanks Mike--Its Great, Nice condition too! I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning to take a look!)

A Big Thanks to John from me and I'm sure everyone else for making this possible! It was great to meet up, Its a shame traffic delayed you so much we didn't have much time to chat...

--Maybe next time!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/10/2016 10:05 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

This is excellent news, and excellent work guys!thumb_gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2016 10:29 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Hi Alastair,

John has been, unloaded, refuelled (tea & Biscuits) and is now on his way home and it was great to catch up with him too. With any luck he should be home before 3AM ! eek_gif

I now have Marion's G11, Catho's Sony and of course my GEC BT302 which I'm very pleased with indeed thumb_gif

So a huge thanks to you Alastair for the GEC and another huge thanks to John for the transport...Top Guyscheers

Marc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/10/2016 2:34 am
Alastair
(@alastair)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Ah--Great!  Wow--That was a HUGE Trip for John, I seriously doubt I could have driven that distance and for so long....

Marc, I'm pleased you like the GEC, and it now has an appreciative owner. That was my goal--I knew Someone--Somewhere would love these sets, I just couldn't leave them in that telly-skip..

Its just a huge shame on your GEC, the damage to the veneer on the front/top of the case...

--When I rescued it, there was one of those rotten nasty late 90's cheapo portables on top of it and had caused the damage. I did take a very quick squint inside, but it was just so dusty in there, I left it thinking--well at least its fairly virgin and complete....

I would be interested in your progress with it when the time comes...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/10/2016 9:25 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

A pleasure to meet you all and drop off the various items and I'm over the moon with the 1500 and 980.

I'm used to driving long distances with work but seriously underestimated that journey time but blame myself for not doing my homework. I decided not to go with my first plan and head back the A483 Alastair after the M6 issues earlier, major mistake as the number of night time road closures, diversions and road works were staggering culminating with an almighty queue at the M1,M18 junction. Almost an hour to do around 5 miles at midnight. Still, made it back safe and sound that's the main thing.

Cheers All.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/10/2016 10:07 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)

Alastair said
Marc, I'm pleased you like the GEC, and it now has an appreciative owner. 

I would be interested in your progress with it when the time comes...  

No worries there Alastair, I'll keep you and the rest of the club informed with the GEC's progress smile

Marc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2016 12:32 am
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)

Night time road works, lane closures and even road closures seem to be getting more common. These last 12 months I have done a couple of 200 mile trips a month,  all earlier hours or late evening and noticed this occurring. Hope they reduce in the winter months but I cannot see that happening on the M6 junctions 17-19 and and the M1/M6/A14 junction.

Last night the M6 junctions 17-19 was down to 1 lane in places.

Frank

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2016 12:33 am
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

nuvistor said
Hope they reduce in the winter months but I cannot see that happening on the M6 junctions 17-19 and and the M1/M6/A14 junction.

Given the hours I work, I see this all the time and the Catthorpe Interchange is usually shut nightly from J2 on the A14 to the M1/M6 interchange. Likewise this next week a goodly chunk of the s/bnd A1 will be shut from 2100 till 0600 during the week.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2016 1:10 am
Page 2 / 2