Notifications
Clear all

Free [Closed] FREE VCRs

Boater Sam
(@boater-sam)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered
FREE or they go in the bin.  I'll give it a couple of weeks.

Complete Sharp VC-A113HM  with IR remote. Condition unknown. Not opened it.

PCB and mechanism  511142432775DK  only  JMB D1030.  All rubbers are in good order.

Will send at cost or collect Middlewich.
Topic starter Posted : 05/04/2022 5:38 pm
Topic Tags
Boater Sam
(@boater-sam)

Shamelessly bumping this to the top again, surely someone wants them if only for parts?

Topic starter Posted : 10/04/2022 9:36 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Sam,

I'm concerned you may get the wrong impression that folk at VRAT, are either ungrateful or even rude, for not taking you up on, or responding to your kind offer of the VCRs. Please let me put some context around it for you, and perhaps you will then understand the lack of response.

These days, VRAT has very few active members. By that I mean we do get a lot of logins, and a lot of views, but sadly that rarely translates into folk “actively” participating (posting). There is a core of only about 8-10 regulars who post, and of those, very few collect, or delve into VCR repairs. This thread has had 61 views, but only my response, the above explanation will be, for the most part, why your offer has not received any uptake.

Personally, I do collect and repair VCRs, but at the other end of the spectrum. I've about 15 thus far but, I only collect 70s 1st generation and 2nd gen VCRs, (N1500, N1700)and only as recent as early (3Vxx range) 80s, nothing newer.

Even though your VCRs can and perhaps should be considered vintage, they are certainly not of an era (late 90s early noughties?) I'd ever consider, so even for spares, they'd be of no use to me.

As I say, hopefully that explains, why you've had, and are unlikely to garner much, if any interest in these VCRs. If you're averse to putting them in e-waste, perhaps put them on freecycle. No cost to you, and you'll probably hit a wider, more interested audience.

Posted : 10/04/2022 10:32 am
Boater Sam
(@boater-sam)

Close this post please, they are in the tip now.

Topic starter Posted : 04/05/2022 9:01 am