Notifications
Clear all

G E C 2100 Search

gilmour94
(@gilmour94)
New V-Ratter Registered

Hi everyone, Just thought I would try my luck and see if any members can help me?

I've been searching for a set that means a lot to me. The lovely G E C 2100, My dad bought one many years ago and I've been looking for one for over 30 years. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Andy.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/04/2020 11:41 am
Topic Tags
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Andy,

shame you weren't around to ask last year.

I was contacted by a lady offering one that had been in their family from new. I didn't want it so put them in touch with another forum member who collects GEC's, he now has it. I'm often contacted via the Blog side of this website with folk offering TV's, if one crops up again I'll keep you in mind.

Always worth keeping an eye on the auction sites, another one turned up on e-bay about two years ago, it had been butchered by someone who fitted a different tuner but other than that it was in fairly good condition and the tuner bodge could have been reversed.

Importantly don't give up hope, a few members here including myself have hunted for childhood sets and have after many years searching, managed to find them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 11:47 am
gilmour94
(@gilmour94)
New V-Ratter Registered

@crustytv Hi Crusty , Thank you i appreciate it mate , my eyes are sore looking lol ! .

i remember that set on E bay . i'm not giving up yet .

Best regards , Andy.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/04/2020 10:15 am
gilmour94
(@gilmour94)
New V-Ratter Registered

Hi Chris , Hope your well friend . Just wanted to ask you to keep an eye out for me , still looking for The G E C 2100 , missed out on the one on the auction site " gutted " , not giving up though . Best regards , Andy.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/09/2021 4:23 pm
crustytv liked