Notifications
Clear all

Wanted Little orange afc / tunning peg for Ferguson TX 90 colour portable.

colourmaster
(@colourmaster)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Hi everyone

I have inherited a 14" Ferguson TX 90 colour portable from my late aunt who passed away in February. This little set has sentimental value to my as it was purchased from the dealer where I worked in 1985. Unfortunately the orange afc tunning peg is missing and I would love to obtain one if I could . Any costs will be met.

Regards Gary.

IMG 20220611 142800
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/06/2022 2:41 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

@colourmaster There was someone else asking about one a while back. I thought I might have had a couple stashed away somewhere but couldn’t find them. Lovely set BTW 37140?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2022 3:12 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Posted by: @colourmaster

Unfortunately the orange afc tunning peg is missing and I would love to obtain one if I could

I suspect you'll have a devil of a job finding one, not impossible, but they're often lost. My recommendation is to private message Jamie @jskinner97

Jamie offers VRAT members a 3D-Printing service (see here).

I'm pretty certain Jamie will be able to 3D-print one for you. As you can see from the thread I linked to, he's managed to replicate far more complex items than the tuning twiddler you seek. If you specifically want “Orange”, I suspect you may be able to commission Jamie to purchase the correct coloured resin.

You'll notice @19seventie has also mentioned he needs a twiddler.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2022 3:23 pm
Jamie
(@jskinner97)

@crustytv Indeed, It is very possible I could 3D Print one... But I would need one to go off, I wouldn't be able to design one from thin air so to speak. I believe I threw out a set similar to this, along with 3 others about 4 weeks ago complete with the "twiddlers".

They were offered on the forum sadly. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2022 9:41 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

I'll have a look at the Ferguson MC01 I have in one of the stores to see if it still has it so it could be used as a pattern. Could also ask my sister if she still has her little TX90?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2022 10:44 pm
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)

That would be great , I hadn't thought about a 3 D printer .

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/06/2022 12:18 am
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

Went to the store today and opened the door on the MC01.

The twiddler is present!!

So, @jskinner97, if I send you this one (I would like it back, by the way!), can you do the honours? I'll need to know where to send it, of course.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2022 9:27 pm
Jamie
(@jskinner97)

@cathovisor it depends if you are in a rush... I can sure give it a go and of course return it... but it may take months as I am snowed under, designing alone can take days of fiddling about with measurements, and several prototypes before I can give it a go if that makes sense.

Cheers
Jamie. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2022 9:34 pm
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)

Hi Mike, if you could send it to me I have a good friend with a 3D printer who would be able to make me one , then I'll send yours back. 

Let me know what you think.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/06/2022 6:17 pm