Notifications
Clear all

Sell/offer New/boxed Ferguson TX90 chassis

Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

Whilst rummaging around in a store today and finding stuff I wasn't expecting but not the thing I actually wanted, I came across a TX90 chassis that was sold by Sendz Components many years ago as surplus stock. It's the remote control version and I note I'd bought a remote for it. I think the plan at the time was that I was going to convert my sister's one to remote control, but never did. It's even in the original box.

Is anybody interested?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/06/2022 3:34 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Posted by: @cathovisor

I was going to convert my sister's one to remote control, but never did. It's even in the original box.

Would that have been converting from the main board PC1130 to a PC1140 (the boxed Sendz) version?

Mildly tempting for my museum, if only for historic presentation & display, as I don't have a TX90 in my Thorn collection. Preference should be given though to those that have a need.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2022 5:09 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)

@crustytv What chassis was the MC01 monitor, Chris?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/06/2022 5:26 pm
Jamie
(@jskinner97)
Noble V-Ratter Registered
Posted by: @crustytv

I was going to convert my sister's one to remote control, but never did. It's even in the original box.

Would that have been converting from the main board PC1130 to a PC1140 (the boxed Sendz) version?

Mildly tempting for my museum, if only for historic presentation & display, as I don't have a TX90 in my Thorn collection. Preference should be given though to those that have a need.

I gave one away two weeks ago....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2022 5:45 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

What chassis was the MC01 monitor, Chris?

TX90

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2022 5:57 pm
telly_fixing_geezer
(@telly_fixing_geezer)
New V-Ratter Registered

Hi, if the TX90 is still available, I am very keen. I'm providing each one with a vintage 80s computer from my collection so it would be going to a good home! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2022 9:54 pm
telly_fixing_geezer
(@telly_fixing_geezer)
New V-Ratter Registered

@cathovisor Hi, Hope all is well! I expect I am out of luck here, but if the TX90 is still free, I have a computer collection that I am trying to get up and running, so this would be great to add to one of my 80s machines and would be well loved. It would also be coming home as I used to work in the Ferguson factory down the road (happy memories). Please can you let me know if it is still available or not? If not, and you know of anyone who would like to donate similar portables (TX90 TX9 etc) then that would be great, I am new on here but would be willing to collect from anywhere really. Cheers...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2022 4:36 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi, @telly_fixing_geezer Hope you don't think I'm interfering, but if you reread the first post, Mike is offering just a boxed New old Stock Chassis, not a whole TV. Not a lot of use to you unless you have a case with CRT etc. Copied below to make it easier to see.

Hope that Helps

I came across a TX90 chassis that was sold by Sendz Components [..] I was going to convert my sister's one to remote control, but never did

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2022 4:45 pm
telly_fixing_geezer
(@telly_fixing_geezer)
New V-Ratter Registered

EEeek - sorry, yes I think in the excitement of potentially obtaining the perfect set for an 80s computer, I misread that one! Hopefully, one (or similar) will come along soon, maybe Mike's sister wishes to contribute the rest! (well can remain hopeful I guess). Thanks for pointing that out (embarrassed)! Will keep looking....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2022 4:50 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin
Posted by: @telly_fixing_geezer

maybe Mike's sister wishes to contribute the rest!

I also think you find Mike purchased the chassis many, many years ago, back when the TX90 was still in favour. It's way past its bedtime now, we're talking roughly 1988 when released. Unless Mikes sister is a hoarder collector like Mike, I suspect the TX90 has long since departed for the tip. Sendz also went out of business quite a few years ago too, probably more years ago than I care to think.

I'm sure you'll find one, they turn up on eBay all the time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2022 5:07 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Posted by: @crustytv

Unless Mikes sister is a hoarder collector like Mike, I suspect the TX90 has long since departed for the tip.

Sadly yes, it has. She did send me a photo of her bedroom which I think was early '90s with it in it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/07/2022 5:18 pm