Notifications
Clear all

Perdio Portarama parts needed

Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

Hi all,

I recently acquired a Perdio Portarama that has suffered some plastic breakage with bits missing, and been robbed of its user control knobs. The set is otherwise complete and quite tidy - worthy of restoration.

Would anyone have a set of control knobs, and if possible, a top grille/control panel for a Portarama? Just the basic off-white ones. a set of tuner push buttons would be useful as mine are split and falling apart, though if desperate, might just about glue back together.

All expenses covered,

Marion

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/04/2017 8:44 pm
hamid_1
(@hamid_1)
Active V-Ratter Registered

I'm also looking for a spare part - a CRT type AW21-11 for a Perdio Portarama Mk.2. Can anyone help?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2017 1:11 am
Norman-Raeburn
(@norman-raeburn)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

Hi, I have a couple of spare crt's, you can have one for the price of postage. I will pack it well and hope for the best. Norman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2017 11:24 am
hamid_1
(@hamid_1)
Active V-Ratter Registered

Thanks for your offer, Norman. I would like to take you up on it.

I don't suppose you are going to the NVCF or Mikey's TV swap-meet this weekend, or know anyone who is? That would be an ideal opportunity to deliver the tube in person.

If not, postage is an option. Going back 30 years ago, I ordered a 12" CRT from the famous Sendz Components in Southend. They sent it by post, wrapped in lots of bubble wrap and packed in a re-used cardboard box. It arrived in one piece and worked! To be on the safe side, I think it should be double-boxed i.e. packed in a small box with bubble wrap or something similar, then the small box re-packed into a larger one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2017 11:33 pm
Norman-Raeburn
(@norman-raeburn)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

Unfortunately I won't be going to either events, I live in Fife, Scotland and it's around 400 miles each way to attend! Please pm me your name and address and I will send it off to you. Norman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2017 11:12 am