Notifications
Clear all

Regentone 298 Dual Standard TV

colourstar
(@colourstar)
Honorable V-Ratter Registered

It breaks my heart to have to do this, but space consideration dictates I simply have to move some sets on, so... This is a Regentone model 298, circa 1964, using one of the popular VC series chassis. The cabinet has a beautiful deep gloss finish, an unmarked textured vinyl front and comes with the original legs. Believe it or not, this set was salvaged at one point from being dumped at the local tip!

I've owned and enjoyed the set for several years now. It was very kindly given to me by it's previous owner and as such I feel I should offer it on again free of charge, but ONLY to a very good home! (For gawd's sake don't stuff it in a damp shed or garage).

Fairly swift collection be be appreciated (before I change my mind!). I'm located in Ilkeston, just off the M1 either J25 or 26.

Steve

Regentone-298-1.jpgRegentone-298a-1.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/03/2017 10:29 am
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

She is a beauty Steve and if I didn't have Big Bertha, I would be beating a path to your door!! grin_gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/03/2017 11:08 am
colourstar
(@colourstar)

Well as you know Andrew, I now have Big Bertha's sister-in-law staying for who knows how long. I didn't want another big set but seeing as it was me or the dump I had to act!

I am up to no less than 28 (eek!) sets of all shapes and sizes and they are starting to appear in rooms I swore I'd keep telly-free. Really I should keep it down to just 4 or 5 I can concentrate all my attention on, but deciding what to keep is just sooo hard when each is interesting in it's own way.

Steve

Ps You are welcome to beat a path to my door anytime you are passing this way. The kettle is always on (must get that damn switch fixed!)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/03/2017 11:38 am
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)

colourstar said

Ps You are welcome to beat a path to my door anytime you are passing this way. The kettle is always on (must get that damn switch fixed!)  

And always does a good cuppa too ! thumb_gif

Marc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/03/2017 12:09 pm
Lloyd
(@lloyd)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

colourstar said
deciding what to keep is just sooo hard when each is interesting in it's own way.

I know that feeling all too well! And then I end up just keeping everything...

If I had the space, I'd happily take it! It really looks a beauty.

Regards,

Lloyd

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/03/2017 12:32 pm
PYE625
(@pye625)

Bless ya Steve, that's a kind offer of a great cuppa !!   thumb_gif

I hope the Regentone finds a good home, just a pity I can't squeeze in another large set waa_gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2017 8:28 am
colourstar
(@colourstar)

Don't you worry Andrew, I can probably find you a couple of small sets!

Steve wink

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/03/2017 11:36 am