Notifications
Clear all

Spring Clearout of Wooden Televisions - All FOC

mendipviews
(@mendipviews)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

Now spring is here its high time I cleared some much needed space from the workshops
So here is a batch of wooden televisions sold as is condition for projects or dare say spares

Need them gone ASAP by 1st April as have arrival of another batch of equipment from a clearance

Cossor 927
Ekcovision TGS337 Television with record player console (Includes another for spares)
GEC BT2253
Marconi VT75A
Murphy V202C Console
Eckovision T331
Pye Continental
Sobel ST195
Unknown Invicta Model
Unknown Console

Cossor-927-1.JPGEkcovision-TGS337-3.JPGEkcovision-TGS337-4.JPGGEC-BT2253-2.JPG
Marconi-VT75A-1.JPGMurphy-V202C-2.JPGInvicta-Unknown-Model-1.JPGJob-Lot-TVS.JPG
Murphy-V202C-4.JPGPye-Continental-1.JPGSobell-ST195-3.JPG

They are all free of charge as I really need the space and no time to fit them in
Can all go at once but really really need them gone by the 1st April as will have no space to store them and don't want them
sat outside.

PM me for more details if interested

Many Thanks
Luke

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/03/2017 6:50 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Hi Luke,

I'd love to take on the Cossor 927 and the Marconi VT75A but it's the usual problem of getting them from you to me in West Yorkshire.

Marc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2017 7:01 pm
malcscott
(@malcscott)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

Hi Luke, i would like the Pye Continental but transportation is a problem,  Malc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2017 7:03 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

I'm somewhat loath to restart Cathovisor Transport Services; but if someone can help get them a wee bit closer to here the three sets identified will easily fit in the Panzer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2017 8:35 pm
colourstar
(@colourstar)
Honorable V-Ratter Registered

I think the unknown console - if it's the one on the left in the group photo - could be a Bush M69 which has a 21" crt. That would be a great set to get going.

April 1st is a very tight deadline. Sounds like a group van-hire collective would have to be organised in short order. It does  has the makings of a grand day out- albeit a long and tiring one.

Steve

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2017 8:51 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

Same here regards transport, otherwise the big shrub, and two sets in front (on the floor), EKCO and GEC would be very welcome here.

If the big Bush is an 'M' type, it should have a single PY32 HT rectifier in lieu of two EY82s in parallel. I have the service data for the 'M' chassis, which looks very similar to that of the TV53/TV56 etc. Ironically, I might also have a CRT to fit that one, albeit still attached to a jumbo sized French Philips TV!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2017 10:02 pm
mendipviews
(@mendipviews)

Thank-you for the prompt responses everyone
If needs be I could transport them a bit higher up the country if someone wants to do a meet up.

Unfortunately its a tight deadline as I have had to make some space for 3 pallets of parts and equipment from a
clearance at very short notice.
I have some furniture to take to auction next week, hopefully if I get some time in the evening I can move stuff around and
they can squeeze in the front which would take the pressure off, I would like them to go quickly as stuff gets pushed to the
back of the workshop/store and gets forgotten about.

Cheers Luke

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/03/2017 10:45 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Cathovisor said
I'm somewhat loath to restart Cathovisor Transport Services; but if someone can help get them a wee bit closer to here the three sets identified will easily fit in the Panzer.  

OK people, if anyone can get these sets nearer to Catho I can get them from "Catho land" (near Peterborough) to Yorkshire, that's 100 ish miles sorted.

Can anyone else help with transport between Luke (mendipviews) and Catho's ? I can sort Marion's and get a set  a lot closer for Malc.

Will this help ?......

Marc.

PS, Luke if possible (transport permitting) I would also like to take on the Murphy V202C Console as well please.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2017 1:15 am
colourstar
(@colourstar)

As another option, I'm pretty much centrally located  and have a nice dry lock-up garage which I'd be willing to park some or - gulp - all of the sets in if push came to shove. That would be very definitely temporary though.

There's even a branch of Enterprise van hire within walking distance of me. A quick check shows it would cost about £80 to hire a standard transit sized van on a Saturday and return it on the Monday morning. If that cost was spread among a few of us it would be quite do-able. The trip itself would need to be made with at least one other person though to share the driving and provide some jolly banter to keep things rolling. It's a hell of a long drive for one day though so it would even be worth considering an overnight b&b down in Somerset to make it more relaxed. Could be quite an adventure!

Anyway, just my thoughts...

Steve

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2017 11:52 am
mendipviews
(@mendipviews)

colourstar said
As another option, I'm pretty much centrally located  and have a nice dry lock-up garage which I'd be willing to park some or - gulp - all of the sets in if push came to shove. That would be very definitely temporary though.

There's even a branch of Enterprise van hire within walking distance of me. A quick check shows it would cost about £80 to hire a standard transit sized van on a Saturday and return it on the Monday morning. If that cost was spread among a few of us it would be quite do-able. The trip itself would need to be made with at least one other person though to share the driving and provide some jolly banter to keep things rolling. It's a hell of a long drive for one day though so it would even be worth considering an overnight b&b down in Somerset to make it more relaxed. Could be quite an adventure!

Anyway, just my thoughts...

Steve  

If you are thinking of driving down I can get some more wooden tellies out of storage to make up a bigger load grin_gif and theres loads of other bits and bobs if anybodies up for adventures in Somerset

Luke

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/03/2017 1:44 pm
colourstar
(@colourstar)

mendipviews said

If you are thinking of driving down I can get some more wooden tellies out of storage to make up a bigger load grin_gif and theres loads of other bits and bobs if anybodies up for adventures in Somerset

Luke  

More?? eek_gif Blimey how many have you got down there? And how come? Do you restore them or have they been acquired for some other purpose?

Steve

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2017 4:52 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

I'm sure Luke won't mind me making the comparison.

Luke is our modern equivalent to Padgett's, only not just TV's, all sorts of interesting stuff  vintage and modern. What's more he's been honing his ferreting skills since he was about 12, If you want to find something then Luke is your man.

Padgett.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2017 5:20 pm
mendipviews
(@mendipviews)

Chris said
I'm sure Luke won't mind me making the comparison.

Luke is our modern equivalent to Padgett's, only not just TV's, all sorts of interesting stuff  vintage and modern. What's more he's been honing his ferreting skills since he was about 12, If you want to find something then Luke is your man.

Padgett.jpg  

No don't mind the comparison, a lot of parts and bits I got from the long gone Longleat Radio Rally at which you could fill your car with Valves and bits for next to nothing as most traders didn't want to take them home.

A lot of components, kit, etc comes from one of my contracts which is asset dispossal and site clearance of closed down busineses it always supprises me what kit is put away and forgotten about. I also undertake house clearances of Silent Key estates, electronics disposal for companies and individuals. Also having maintainace contracts for the local scrap and recycling centres doesn't help as once they know your interested in bits and bobs they put it back for youwaa_gif

Unfortunatly I don't get much time to sort things so rather chuck it out for rubbish it gets boxed up until later.........

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/03/2017 2:38 pm
colourstar
(@colourstar)

That relationship with your local house clearance companies and the recycling centre sounds like something that would quickly devour any storage, although it's great that you have been able to save so much. Let's hope some of it can be distributed to new homes and free up some space for you.

I'm still hopeful that someone may step forward as a co-pilot for a possible rescue mission, so we'll keep our fingers crossed!

Steve

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/03/2017 8:14 pm