Share:
Notifications
Clear all

CTV Sticky back plastic " fablon "

gilmour94
(@gilmour94)
New V-Ratter Registered

Hi Eveyrone , I need a little information Re Pye studio colour T V , Can any member tell me the name of the cabinet plastic cover ?.... Real Oak ?, Light Oak ? .   Hope you can help .

Thanks , Andy .

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/10/2021 4:39 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Andy, that's a really difficult question to answer.

In an initial scant read of the thread, I thought you wanted to know the real term for 'Sticky Backed plastic'. I then quickly realised you'd already stated that in the thread title, 'Fablon'.

So what you're really after is the shade of 'colour', or more precise what type of oak. Not only did the 'Studioclour' range come with many chassis', they also came in all sorts of shades of wood effect. The one I had was teak, see here. I think you need to show us a photo of your TV, as making that call 'blind', is just impossible. A photo would help members help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2021 7:11 pm
gilmour94
(@gilmour94)
New V-Ratter Registered

@crustytv Thanks Chris ,The pic of your set looks identical to mine, i wasnt aware if it was Oak Teak or ? . i'll have a search for teak and see if any look right . Thanks again Mate . Best regards , Andy .

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/10/2021 3:15 pm
19Seventie
(@19seventie)
Busy V-Ratter Registered

Hi

If it helps I bought some for my desk (Made from an old kitchen counter!) that I wanted to cover to fit in better. I ended up buying the "Nussbaum Mittel" which actually ended up being a very close match to what's on my Hitachi TV. I couldn't have got a closer match if I tried. Might be worth a look?

D-C-Fix fablon Floral Stained Glass Metallic Brick wood Self Adhesive Vinyl | eBay

'70

Mod Note: eBay link removed in accordance with our rules, please familiarise yourself with them. If you wish to help a member with a link, then pm it to them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2021 10:16 pm
gilmour94
(@gilmour94)
New V-Ratter Registered

@19seventie Thanks for the info , I'll have a look . Cheers ! .

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/10/2021 11:10 am
19Seventie
(@19seventie)
Busy V-Ratter Registered

Not a problem, fingers crossed it goes well!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2021 6:59 pm