Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wanted Wanted DER Stand

colourmaster
(@colourmaster)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered
Posted by: @crustytv

In the meantime though and relevant to the G6, I found a period  stand on e-bay devoid of its TV's. Initially I thought it was for the Ferguson 3710, but it turned out that TV was a tad too wide, wrong colour and wrong legs.

However, miraculously, not only was it the correct colour but also the exact, and I mean the exact width for my 22" G6. This afternoon I had a little rearrange in the shop and the G6 is how happily married to the stand. OK, it's not original (they had much more spindly legs) but I think it looks fab. I just need to remove the rubber feet from the bottom of the cabinet, so the TV can slide the final 10mm forwards. I'm very pleased with it, and If I ever get it working reliably, I'm looking forward to getting into the 70's lounge for a period of time, it'll give the Bush console a long earned rest.

Hi Chris, that's the type of stand that I've been after for years to fit my 22" DER 3500 . I'll pay you double what you paid for it . 😁. Regards . Gary.

Mod Note: Split from off from G6 project thread

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/09/2021 5:08 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Sorry Gary, unlike the GEC stand I let go, there's no chance I'll be giving up this stand.

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing
Vrat FaceBook: Follow us

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2021 5:27 pm
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)

No problem , I'll keep looking .😟

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/09/2021 5:28 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

On the other hand, I'll pay you treble and then some, what you paid for your D|E|R, if it's my childhood set I've been looking for years.

https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/community/channel-3-2-channel-3-2-sales-wants/wanted-childhood-colour-tv-der-5707/

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing
Vrat FaceBook: Follow us

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2021 5:47 pm
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)

Hi Chris, it's not the model you're after , if it was I'd let you have it . It's a 22" 3500 . It was in a nursing home in the lounge . It was on from morning till night and very rarely gave any trouble . I obtained it when the tube when low and they bought a new set from me.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/09/2021 5:54 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

Hi Gary, any possibility it's a 5744 you have? That stand looks the right style and dimensions.

John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2021 10:59 pm
crustytv liked
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)

Hi ,this is the set that I have.

der4

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/09/2021 1:11 am