Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Co. Durham to London  

EmleyMoor
(@emleymoor)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

I'm looking to have a TV moved from County Durham to London in the very near future. I am therefore trying to find either someone already making the journey who would have space for a set, or to assist someone else with a similar and/or opposite direction move.

If anyone is able to offer or seek my collaboration in their moves, please let me know as soon as you can.

"Yes, a bit of wet string may get you a good TV signal here on four channels, but you'll have to dry it out to get Channel 5!"

Posted : 13/02/2020 9:17 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Phil, If it helps I can get the Hitachi moved 120 miles southwards to Manchester this Sunday. Mikey66 is collecting a couple of TV's this weekend and has offered to help any other sets southwards to his gaff. It would be worth taking Mikey up on this offer, it might then be possible to move it further south as I believe he has contacts. Whatever, it's at least 120miles nearer for you than it is now.

I need to know before the weekend if you want the Hitachi to go with Mike, as the TV is way at the back of my store and I need time to dig it out.

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing
Vrat FaceBook: Follow us

Posted : 26/02/2020 10:08 am
EmleyMoor
(@emleymoor)

This looks to be working out rather nicely.

"Yes, a bit of wet string may get you a good TV signal here on four channels, but you'll have to dry it out to get Channel 5!"

Posted : 26/02/2020 4:02 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Excellent, that's another re homed ? 

p.s.

Sure I can't interest you in another of the freebies? late 70's Thorn 9600, Thorn 9800,  Grundig GsC-100 Super colour, 1980s Thorn 1615b (not the notorious one, that was the 1600), Rediffusion MKIV ? 

Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing

Posted : 26/02/2020 4:17 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Phil, the Hitachi along with other TVs was collected by Mike this morning, now on its way to his place for you to collect. You'll no doubt arrange the finer details with Mike for collection. Glad its found a good home, its not been turned on in over 7 years, it'll either work or you will have some fun sorting it. ? 

Posted : 01/03/2020 12:16 pm
Mikey66 liked
EmleyMoor
(@emleymoor)

If it works as well as it appeared to be on the blog, I'll not be surprised, but if it doesn't, I'll still be very happy. I've already got a way to get a choice of signals into it on order - it should be a nice retro alternative to my other set, and one I shall use from time to time.

Posted : 01/03/2020 8:44 pm
Mikey66
(@mikey66)
Active V-Ratter Registered

Just to confirm, the Hitachi is safely stashed at my place now.

Hitachi
Posted : 02/03/2020 6:11 pm
EmleyMoor
(@emleymoor)

@mikey66 Great - keep me posted as to when you're back and we can sort the next leg of its journey.

Posted : 02/03/2020 11:01 pm
EmleyMoor
(@emleymoor)

The Hitachi and a Mitsubishi have both been in my car since yesterday afternoon. I will be posting about them once I get them home and start dealing with them.

Posted : 18/07/2020 9:51 am