Notifications
Clear all

FCS Norfolk to Newcastle

Jamie
(@jskinner97)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

Just to let everyone know, I'm holidaying in Newcastle beginning of April for 3 nights. Taking my geordie girlfriend home, so to speak! But not leaving her there..... *grumbles under breath*

I'm happy to collect things local to me (Around 25 miles from Great Yarmouth) and bring them up with me if anyone sees anything on ebay etc they fancy? I'm in a LWB Van. I'm always after Sodium Street Lights by the way......

Let me know via PM or email if you'd like anything transported.

Cheers
Jamie. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/03/2022 9:32 pm
PYE625 liked
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed V-Ratter Registered
Posted by: @jskinner97

But not leaving her there..... *grumbles under breath*

Charming ! 🤣 

PS, I always hated sodium street lights, give me good old mercury vapour anytime !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2022 9:45 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter Registered

@pye625 I can't remember the last time I saw a mercury vapour street lamp, round here away from the main street they remain resolutely sodium - including the one directly outside my house which lights the house more effectively than the road beneath it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2022 10:37 pm
Alex728
(@alex728)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered
Posted by: @cathovisor

@pye625 I can't remember the last time I saw a mercury vapour street lamp, round here away from the main street they remain resolutely sodium - including the one directly outside my house which lights the house more effectively than the road beneath it!

Nearly all the lighting columns round here (Ipswich and Mid Suffolk) seem to have been relamped from sodium to LEDs, my street was done fairly recently (in last few months, it was definitely a sodium lamp when I got my blue VW Polo in 2019 as I checked some old photos from my archive )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2022 1:26 am
WayneD
(@wayned)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

About 11 years ago Newcastle City Council replaced all of the lamps and columns with high pressure sodium lamps for main roads and T5 fluorescent lamps for residential areas. They've never been good at predicting future trends!

There were a few mercury vapour lamps still hanging on until around 2012 in North Shields. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2022 10:12 am