Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Rochester to anywhere safe - for onward transport to Yorkshire?  

Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

Hi all,

A tricky one, this, given the current virus pandemic, but is there anyone near Rochester, who could collect three Philips VCRs on my behalf, with the intention of finding onward transport to Yorkshire, or a handover at a mutually agreeable location (M-Way services etc.)?

There would be no rush or time pressure, just the need to collect and keep safe until they can be moved on.

Any expenses to me, naturally.

Thanks in anticipation of any help at all to move them - assuming I win them!

Marion

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2020 6:52 pm
EmleyMoor
(@emleymoor)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

I'm not sure yet when I'd be able to help, but it wouldn't be out of the question for me to transport from Rochester to, say, Donington Park? I was expecting July to be possible but August now seems more likely.

"Yes, a bit of wet string may get you a good TV signal here on four channels, but you'll have to dry it out to get Channel 5!"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2020 8:15 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

Hi, yes!

Well that's very good of you, thank you. I'm just pondering now over the logistics of that. My health precludes any great distances, but it might just be doable. I'll let you know as things work out.

I'm on the border of East and North Yorkshire - Derby is about 75 miles from here, Likewise Nottingham. Not sure how far Donnington is beyond that.

Cheers! 👍

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2020 9:52 pm
colourstar
(@colourstar)
Honorable V-Ratter Registered

If it's any help I'm at Ilkeston, between Nottingham and Derby, so not far from Donington Park. I could potentially hold them here until a way further up North could be worked out. Or possibly if I venture further North myself.

Steve

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2020 8:37 am
Mikey66
(@mikey66)

I'm happy to store these VCRs, When EmleyMoor collects the stuff I have for him.

Also I could probably get them to you when I visit Chris once the Covid-19 situation is under control.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2020 10:04 am
EmleyMoor
(@emleymoor)

@mikey66 That possibility did enter my mind. At present I'm not sure if it will be July or August, but hopefully not too long in any case.

"Yes, a bit of wet string may get you a good TV signal here on four channels, but you'll have to dry it out to get Channel 5!"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2020 1:37 pm
Mikey66
(@mikey66)

No problem EmleyMoor 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2020 4:09 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

Hi all,

Thanks, everybody for your input. It looks at least like we have a way forward with these. Of course, I have to win the bid, and that's not guaranteed, but fingers crossed.

As I say, I'm not rushing, and there is no time pressure, other than possibly that of the seller wanting them collecting, but I'll check that out with them.

Great work fellas, and much appreciated.

Now, let's get my bidding hat on! - Then I'll let you all know.

Marion

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2020 8:31 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

Okay folks,

It's squared with the seller, so all I have to do is win the bidding.

Wish luck?

Marion

>>> Edit <<<

And we're off and running!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2020 9:38 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

Well, they're mine!

I'm just waiting on the seller to send me some contact details, then we can get the ball rolling.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2020 9:28 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator

Okay, so "Emley Moor" has uplifted the recorders, and they're safe at his address. It looks like we have the makings of a plan to get them here, and there are different possible routes available depending upon his travel plans.

Everything looks good so far.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2020 11:00 pm
EmleyMoor
(@emleymoor)

I have only ever seen four VCR machines - and three of them are here at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2020 10:07 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed V-Ratter Moderator
Posted by: @emleymoor

I have only ever seen four VCR machines - and three of them are here at the moment.

Ah, and with these, I have ten of them - eleven, if you include the derelict N1500 that I have - twelve if you include the one that 'Cathovisor' has donated!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2020 10:33 pm