9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)
Honorable Member Registered
Topic starter

Hi everyone

I haven't posted anything for a while so I thought I would fire up my Bush CTV 1122 as it's never been used for about 5 years. It is fitted with the A823AV chassis. I obtained this set as a worker and as you can see its not bad at al. No matter how long these sets stand unused they always switch on. I see that there is one of these sets on ebay at the moment.

Regards.
Gary.

Posted : 13/02/2016 4:35 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Hi Gary,

Lovely looking set you have there. I very much like Bush sets of this period and as you say the A823 chassis ranks( excuse the pun) as one of the most reliable. As you know I have the behemoth 25" CTV 187CS which has the very much earlier A823 chassis with the single chip decoder. So proud of the introduction of an IC Bush even inscribed the control panel with an IC logo, it too never misses a beat.

The CTV1122 on e-bay even has the original stand making it a very nice addition for someone's collection.

Now the one I would really like to find is the CTV 1120 with stand.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 13/02/2016 4:47 pm
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)
Topic starter

Hi Chris
As you say these are great sets , this one has been running since 11 this morning and its hardly warm. I might even take it to this years tcc convention.
Regards.
Gary.

Posted : 13/02/2016 4:52 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

I might even take it to this years tcc convention.
Regards.
Gary.

Now you know from past experience if you do that, its bound to fail. Remember you've taken the bullet proof G8 before which even put its legs in the air. Still if it does that's got to be half the fun, like being back in the good old days and servicing to a demand. Just have to remember to take some spares, your meter and a soldering iron.

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 13/02/2016 4:57 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Famed Member Registered

This week I received a Bush catalogue from circa 1970: it has numerous colour sets in it including the little CTV182S that sold for a sizeable amount at Wooden Bucket last week. It too shows sets that proudly display the "IC Colour Lock" logo. The catalogue I know to be pre- February '71 as the notes written adjacent to the set chosen (with details of the Antiference TC18 aerial and the Emley Moor TX frequencies) were in LSD...

It's marked with the name of a York dealer, which escapes me at the moment...

Posted : 13/02/2016 5:12 pm
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)
Topic starter

Hi Mike
I have the 22" CTV184S version which is featured in that brochure. It must be an early version as it has Sept 70 stamped on a few of the caps fitted .
Regards.
Gary.

Posted : 13/02/2016 5:33 pm
neil1974
(@neil1974)

The CTV1122 that marion had from me also had its stand. but I forgot to load it into the car when I bought it and someone promised to collect it for me and never did :bbd . I've also got a CTV184 that I think dates from around the same time as yours gary. and I also switched it on the other day after it sat for months and it also came on fine :bba .

Cheers
Neil.

Posted : 14/02/2016 12:47 am
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Famed Member Registered

The York dealer was Wills Bros. (York) Ltd. of 76, Micklegate. Dannie Lea Hair and Beauty now occupies those premises.

Posted : 14/02/2016 4:39 pm
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered

The York dealer was Wills Bros. (York) Ltd. of 76, Micklegate. Dannie Lea Hair and Beauty now occupies those premises.

By heck,

I'd forgotten those guys! That was a long time ago....... They must have been about halfway down the hill, between the bar and the CO-OP (who were also Bush dealers).

I'd love to get my 1122 back into the cabin (read as 'tip') and see if I can sort out the convergence, and find a new mains switch for it - at the moment it's linked across, so a permanent "ON" condition exists.

Posted : 14/02/2016 9:26 pm
Share: