Share:
Notifications
Clear all

26" philips G8  

PaulGoggo1
(@paulgoggo1)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

Hello, I have been offered a 26" Philips G8 with stand. Model: G26C526. working I think..

What do you think I should offer?

Thanks

Paul G

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2017 8:43 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

If by any chance you're referring to the G26C526 that's on e-bay at present, then the BIN price it has is already very good. Any offer accepted below that will be a bargain. Just my opinion but based on what I paid for mine, how rarely G8's come up and the increasing value of early to mid 70's sets. Lesser sets have gone for more.

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2017 8:55 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

By the way if it is the set I think its is, G26526/07 means the set is one of the later G8's and dates to 1976. These sets had the bean counters over it, meaning primarily the convergence panel was moved from its good location to the poorly placed heat induced position, namely rear centre top.

Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2017 9:02 pm
PaulGoggo1
(@paulgoggo1)

Hi Chris

It is that one. good chance it will be a bit less I think! bit of an anomaly though, the CRT regun card he was showing with it is a A66-140X a 110 degree tube. all 26" G8s were A66-120X 90 degree??

Thanks

Paul

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2017 9:16 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

That's something you need to check, I can't see how a 140X would work in the set. Could just be an admin error, the wrong tube ident being written on the card. I thought the G9 was the first to go 110º

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2017 9:48 pm
PaulGoggo1
(@paulgoggo1)

Yes the G9 is the first with the 110 degree. as you say, cant see it being a 140x in there. it wouldnt work very well!

anyway the guy is going to check it. looks like it could be a bargain...

Paul

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2017 10:29 pm
PaulGoggo1
(@paulgoggo1)

update on the G8. In the end I did not buy it!
The cabinet was in poor condition and it had a regun tube fitted many years ago. no Mullard there! it had been stood in a garage for over 20 years and the seller got a better offer of £130..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2017 10:48 pm