Notifications
Clear all

AV to RF modulator

Rio678
(@rio678)
Member Deactivated Account

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a decent AV to RF modulator ? What does everyone use ?

Thanks 

🙂 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/02/2021 10:46 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

I use an old Panasonic VCR. Modulator goes from 21 to 68 via the RCU. It also acts as a video switcher, DVD with various test cards in one scart, Freeview for Talking Pictures TV in the other and anything else composite in the front AV. And an additional bonus, it also plays my old tapes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2021 11:21 pm
crustytv liked
Rio678
(@rio678)
Member Deactivated Account

Thanks for the reply on this, will give that some thought, probably would be my best solution.

Has anyone tried/use these modulators which you see on the likes of Amazon etc, not sure if the quality will be any good though!

thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/02/2021 3:01 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

I've not used a stand alone RF modulator but believe there is good and bad out there, some can be potentially dangerous. See here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2021 8:47 pm
helloekco
(@helloekco)
Trusted V-Ratter Registered

I have one like this , available on eBay - but as with the one in @Jayceebee's link it comes with an unfused Euro plug, and I wouldn't totally trust the safety of it. That said, it was very good value (I'm sure I only paid about £18 for it) and it does VHF and UHF with test patterns and audio tones.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/02/2021 12:53 am
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

I recommend the VH89 as I discussed here back in December. I also posted how the settings are made here. They cost a fair bit more that the usual el-cheapos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/02/2021 8:46 am
RichardFromMarple
(@richardfrommarple)
Active V-Ratter Registered

I have a Labgear Mod101 which I picked up at Golbourne in 2019, almost unused in the original box.

Oddly it has F connectors for the RF in & out, so I had to get some Belling Lee adaptors.

It can easily be switched between the UHF channels.

(I originally typed a longer message but it was lost due to a glitch!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/02/2021 12:18 am