Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Ferguson 3760 18" TX9

Mikey66
(@mikey66)
Active V-Ratter Registered

Thanks to a tip off from Chris this set is now mine.

3787 front

The previous owner told me it had been powered up recently so upon getting it home I gave it some beans.

3787 pic

Inside there's a nice, thick layer of dust & crud. It looks like a late version with the SMPS & plastic chassis

3787 inside

I'll take a closer look at it when time permits but for now the tuning is a bit twitchy, there's too much blue and the line hold is way out

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/01/2019 4:07 pm
Alex728 liked
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Nice one Mike glad you bagged it  ?

Photo extract of the 3760 from the Radios-TV Ferguson brochure:To see full brochure click here 

fergtv01

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing
Vrat FaceBook: Follow us

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2019 4:35 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Later version of the TX9 with the Siemens switch mode power supply. Uses the TDA4600 IC.   Strangely, this model wasn't a good seller in my shop.  Although the customers who bought one or rented were well pleased with this model.  Nice solid wood cabinet.

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2019 6:38 pm
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

The mk 3 was a nice set, we mostly sold the silver or white portable text versions, we did sell quit a few of the portable radio/alarm clock versions too,

We never saw many of the20", 22" versions or the stereo sound versions, I don't think we sold any of these mostly those that did come our way were "outside" repairs

"This is my multimeter. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My multimeter is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my multimeter is useless. Without my multimeter, I am useless."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2019 7:17 pm