Forum 141

Ferguson TX100 22G2

36 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered

As a follow up. Logik 4090 = Ultra U2001?

Till Eulenspiegel.

Posted : 01/08/2012 4:48 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

And the U2001 which basically had a TX90 Chassis which takes us full circle :=D

TV....mod.chassis
-----------------------------------------------------
Logik 690 Orion 20LS Saisho CT204
Logik 698 Orion 20LT Saisho CT208
Logik 4090 TX90
Logik 4094 TX90
Logik 4098 TX100
Logik 4290 TX100
Logik 4294 TX100
Logik 4298 TX10
Logik 20A1 TX100
Logik 20E1 TX90
Logik 4298 TX100
Logik M125 KC
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultra 2001 Ferguson TX90
Ultra 2201 Ferguson TX100
Ultra 6771 Ferguson TX9

Extracted data from the document I mentioned earlier, a very useful source for those interested in more recent TV's

CrustyTV Television Shop: Take a virtual tour
Crusty's TV/VCR Collection: View my collection
Crustys Youtube Channel: My stuff
Crusty's 70s Lounge: Take a peek

Posted : 01/08/2012 4:59 pm
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)
Prominent Member Banned

Thanks for that document Chris, got it now. :thumbl:

Not too bad from memory, I did not see many Ultra branded sets, as most of our stock came by way of a Thorn ex-rental Depot (Teleprice), and as such they were mostly de-badged, I can only remember the two Ultra badged models because they were cosmetically slightly different from the Ferguson/Thorn models.
I would not have noticed the TX9 model because by the late 80's early 90's most of the earlier TX9 & 10's had either been sold off already, or were seen as too old to sell on, by this time we were selling mostly TX 90's, and the much more modern TX 85,86,and 89 in the way of portables, and TX100's for the rest of the ranges, apart from I bought in quite a few of the newer TX99's and 98's as well as many ICC5's and the very occasional IKC2.
We would still sell the odd TX9 and 10 as cheaper sets though around this time, the 9K series were long gone Thorn must have sold or scrapped them all by now.
We still sold some Philips KT3/K30 sets as cheapies too, around about this time.

It may have depended on the Depot too to some extent, as to which sets became available to us.

The only Logik branded ones I saw, were in for private repairs, The owners buying these from Currys or Dixons, again I only really saw the two types, but then again I wasn't really taking that much notice of features etc. only noticing the basic chassis type.

Posted : 01/08/2012 5:48 pm
Anonymous
(@anonymous)
Group Deactivated Account
Topic starter

Thanks for the info,i was just looking to see what options there were around for getting a manual.But it looks like the cabinets were different

Posted : 01/08/2012 6:19 pm
Refugee
(@refugee)
Noble Member Registered

I would be inclined to un-clip the chassis and slide it out far enough to get my hand between the bowl of the tube and the front of the chassis then feel around the ends of the remote caddy for the plastic clips that hold it in place and release them.
The caddy should then lift out from the front of the set.
The most likely catch to be found on that type of caddy would be the same as the one that holds the knob cover closed on a VGA screen. If so the part you will need is likely to be a press fit into the frame of the caddy and is a fairly standard part. A potential donor would be an old top loading CD player. Open it and poke the latch out from behind. The latch to be replaced can be removed by driving a wood screw into it and pulling with pliers as it will be thrown away.

Posted : 01/08/2012 9:41 pm
Anonymous
(@anonymous)
Topic starter

I would be inclined to un-clip the chassis and slide it out far enough to get my hand between the bowl of the tube and the front of the chassis then feel around the ends of the remote caddy for the plastic clips that hold it in place and release them.
The caddy should then lift out from the front of the set.
The most likely catch to be found on that type of caddy would be the same as the one that holds the knob cover closed on a VGA screen. If so the part you will need is likely to be a press fit into the frame of the caddy and is a fairly standard part. A potential donor would be an old top loading CD player. Open it and poke the latch out from behind. The latch to be replaced can be removed by driving a wood screw into it and pulling with pliers as it will be thrown away.

I will leave it until after the games have finished then have a good look.

Thanks David.

Posted : 02/08/2012 10:59 pm
Refugee
(@refugee)
Noble Member Registered

You can still watch the interesting bits with the back off and the chassis pulled back 4 inches :thumbl:

Posted : 03/08/2012 2:02 am
Anonymous
(@anonymous)
Topic starter

Update.I got the draw compartment out and the catch has a bit broke off as in pic.Anyone got one going spare ;)[attachment=1]ferguson door catch 001.jpg

Posted : 01/09/2012 7:46 pm
Jamie
(@jskinner97)
Prominent Member Registered

Use scrap plastic and mold a new bit? :w00t:

Posted : 01/09/2012 7:55 pm
Refugee
(@refugee)
Noble Member Registered

It is exactly what i was thinking of.
Look on an old top loading CD player or VGA screen and if it is going to be thrown away just brake it up and push the catch out with a tool.

Posted : 01/09/2012 7:56 pm
Anonymous
(@anonymous)
Topic starter

It is exactly what i was thinking of.
Look on an old top loading CD player or VGA screen and if it is going to be thrown away just brake it up and push the catch out with a tool.

That would be good idear if i had access to old stuff but i dont.

Posted : 01/09/2012 8:14 pm
Refugee
(@refugee)
Noble Member Registered

I googled CD door latch and got a few :roll:
http://www.signalsuk.com/signalsuk.nsf/ ... &cat=Latch
http://www.electricalspares.eu/?item=757
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electri ... r-bush.htm

The bush one may be what you require.

Posted : 01/09/2012 8:28 pm
Anonymous
(@anonymous)
Topic starter

I googled CD door latch and got a few :roll:
http://www.signalsuk.com/signalsuk.nsf/ ... &cat=Latch
http://www.electricalspares.eu/?item=757
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electri ... r-bush.htm

The bush one may be what you require.

ooo thanks ill have a look .

Posted : 01/09/2012 9:40 pm
Anonymous
(@anonymous)
Topic starter

They wont fit.Although the pinciple is right the clasp at the end is wrong for the male end.

Posted : 02/09/2012 1:45 am
Refugee
(@refugee)
Noble Member Registered

That was the first three of many.
Do the google search for CD door latch or TV cover latch and so on.

Posted : 02/09/2012 1:56 am
Anonymous
(@anonymous)
Topic starter

That was the first three of many.
Do the google search for CD door latch or TV cover latch and so on.

Yes i will But i may have a go at putting a strip of plastic down the outer side with a bend on the end or a pre shaped end.

Posted : 02/09/2012 3:20 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: