GEC 2030

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
The_Teleman
(@the_teleman)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter

a while ago on a gumtree site this set was sold for £30 ! Yes £30! Well as it happened the person who purchased the set & was going to up cycle it had a change of heart ( see there is a tv God ) he decided to move it on for an advertised price of £200 , 

well im pleased to say it's been saved! £150 secured the set & it was collected last Sunday 

the set is an impressive example of a dualstandard set with its grand top of the range cabinet 

the inside looks like it just came out the  showroom considering its age , a slight layer of dust covers most parts but all screws,labels ,system switches & cable ties still present 

the crt fitted to this set is a Mullard colour screen A63-120x where as the service manual states it should be a A63-11X so I assume it has had a replacement at some time I it's life .

I have tested the set briefly &  it actually works with a frame slip fault & very poor convergence but all in all a very clean example 

Posted : 09/12/2017 4:34 pm
PYE625
(@pye625)
Famed Member Registered

Brilliant !!  So good to see one saved 🙂

A handsome cabinet and a smashing set of legs too !

To understand the black art of electronics is to understand witchcraft. Andrew.

Posted : 09/12/2017 5:17 pm
Lloyd
(@lloyd)
Prominent Member Registered

That set looks immaculate as well! Well saved, would have been absolutely criminal to gut that out for whatever pointless fad they had in mind. 

Regards,

Lloyd

Posted : 09/12/2017 5:29 pm
Share: