ITT CP9210.

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

Anyone remember this 14" portable TV, the ITT CP9210. I've found a spare service manual which I'll send on to Chris for the VRAT library. What I do remember about the set was it displayed excellent pictures but wasn't one of the most reliable of sets. At least that's how seemed in the 1980s. Some ITT portable TVs were rebadged as GEC McMichael. At the end of the eighties ITT sourced a 14" portable TV from Fidelity.

Till Eulenspiegel.

Posted : 03/05/2016 5:42 pm
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)
Prominent Member Registered

Other than noisy channel selectors and sliders, I don't seem to remember it being particularly unreliable.

Posted : 03/05/2016 7:05 pm
Lloyd
(@lloyd)
Prominent Member Registered

Was there a 19" or 20" version in a grey covered chipboard cabinet? I've been trying to find out what a set I had was. All I remember about it is it looked like that with the sliders and the channel selectors under it, the cabinet was chipboard with grey coloured covering, the corners of the cabinet were rounded. I also remember the channel selector had one single bulb sat in what looked like some sort of light pipe going to each indicator next to the buttons. I got it from a skip at a building site on my way home from school! Me and a mate tried to carry it, then settled on bunging it in a shopping trolley! When I got it home I tried it out and all I got was a feint frame buzz, and a very weak line whistle, which faded off in an amusing manner when switched off. I never got to do anything with the set before my Dad evicted it to the tip! I wouldn't mind finding another, but that'll have to wait until I have somewhere for the set's I've already got.

Regards,
Lloyd.

Posted : 03/05/2016 7:35 pm
Red_to_Black
(@red_to_black)
Prominent Member Banned

Hi Lloyd,
I can recall exactly the set you have described, I just remember them as been called ITT Trimlines, I cannot remember which chassis it used exactly but CVC 1100 series rings a bell. :zx:

Posted : 03/05/2016 7:39 pm
Focus Diode
(@focus)
Honorable Member Registered

I know this model well. Back in 1990 we had one of these sets at work. It developed intermittent loss of sound, probably would've been a relatively simple repair.
Days later it was outside faced down in the pouring rain. It had been there for sometime and sadly beyond salvage.
Brian

Posted : 03/05/2016 9:16 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

I cannot remember which chassis it used exactly but CVC 1100 series rings a bell. :zx:

Found upstairs today a mint CVC1150 service manual. Described as a chassis designed for use with 20" PIL CRTs. Development of the CVC1100 chassis. CVC1150 manual issued June 1983.
Also a service manual for the CVC802/1 mini series colour television chassis. issued February 1982.

A service manual for the Fidelity ZX3000 chassis. Used in models CTV20T, CTV2026, CTV22T and CTV2226. Free to anyone who'd like to fix a ZX3000 chassis.

Till Eulenspiegel.

Posted : 04/05/2016 1:51 pm
Share: