LOPT for ITT CVC2, Compatability...?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Alastair
(@alastair)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter

Just wondering what LOPT the CVC2 uses. It Appears to be made by Philips, and has a Philips '3113' part-number.

My current LOPT is working just fine, but Looks pretty old and crusty,--just like a tired old G8 LOPT! I remember seeing (somewhere) that CVC5/9 sets use a Decca 10/30 series LOPT, wondering if there's a similar more easily available one that would replace the CVC2 when/if that fateful day comes, so I can keep an eye out for one.

--Just for reference, the line-stage of the CVC1 and 2 use (Rather advanced for the time, in '68/9) a small overwind and an EHT Tripler, like the later hybrids--

There's no EHT rec or shunt-stab valve, and the Transformer looks a little like the LOPT found in an early CVC5, but is chassis mounted in its own screened box and not on a sub-board.

Ive just replaced the CRT in the set, and its giving an excellent picture (Cheers, Neil, the tube is a corker!) :aad

Posted : 25/09/2015 11:15 pm
Alastair
(@alastair)
Topic starter

No one any ideas....?

Posted : 27/09/2015 9:57 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed Member Registered

Sorry Alastair, none from me.

Frank

Frank

Posted : 27/09/2015 11:18 pm
Doz
 Doz
(@doz)
Prominent Member Registered

What's the full number Alistair?

Posted : 28/09/2015 10:36 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed Member Registered

There's a good chance that the line output transformer employed in the single standard GEC 2040 series could be grafted in to the CVC2.
Most of these hybrid line timebases follow a standard circuit. Like the CVC2 all the GEC hybrid CTVs employed an EHT tripler.

Till Eulenspiegel.

Posted : 29/09/2015 8:44 pm
Alastair
(@alastair)
Topic starter

Finally dug out the full number on the LOPT....

3113 108 30322 WD872.

Thinking about it--I'm not too worried about it failing--I'll have a go at rewinding it if it does. About 25-30 years ago, I rewound a Philips G6 one which worked, but had slight odd linearity issues,--probably because I overdid the insulation and the coil was larger than it was originally, changing winding capacitances....

IF I attempt this ever again I'll measure the interwinding insulation thickness, layer number-of-turns etc and duplicate as exactly as possible...

Posted : 02/10/2015 8:37 pm
Share: