Share:
Notifications
Clear all

New TVs  

Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Just recently tuned in a new LG LCD TV for a customer.  The owner of the new set wanted his VCR connected up to the set, no chance, there is no SCART socket or even the three Phono sockets for video and L & R audio input.  Only connectors are a HDMI and an USB port. Set was dispatched in Estonian language.

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2017 2:19 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)

You probably know this better than me but for anyone else there are SCART to HDMI adapters available but not cheap. Maplins advertise one at £50. I have not required one so I don't know how well they work

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-scart-to-hdmi-adapter-n38ea

Frank

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2017 2:26 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)

Hi Till,

Typical of new products making even more kit redundant to the masses ! However there are plenty of SCART to HDMI adapters on eBay for less that £15.

Marc.

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2017 2:43 pm
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)

I mentioned to the owner of the new set that such devices exist but he didn't seem interested.   To be honest I feel sorry for anyone trying to make a living from the TV servicing trade. The small screen TV was bought for £100, that's £83 ex VAT. makes you wonder how much these things actually come into the country for?  The LG set was made in Poland.

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2017 3:58 pm