Share:
Notifications
Clear all

CTV Pc to composite .

colourmaster
(@colourmaster)
Reputable V-Ratter Registered

Hi everyone I would appreciate some advise, I'm trying to display content from my laptop on to my old teles . This is as far as I've got.

IMG 20210408 161547 2

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/04/2021 5:46 pm
mfd70
(@mfd70)
Active V-Ratter Registered

I use a HDMI to composite adaptor, this enables the TV to be set up as a second display (if the graphics card supports it) this will allow the aspect ratio to be made to look correct as well. They are available from Ali, Ebay, Bangood etc, between £10 - £20.

There are also HDMI to RF converters from the same suppliers which can be tuned from Ch21 to 68, they are a bit more expensive at about £30 -£40, I have one that works OK but I don't like the PSU which is not earthed and looks a bit cheap, it can easily be replaced by a good quality 12V supply.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2021 6:51 pm
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)

Hi , I'm using a hd to composite adaptor connect ed to my RF modulator.  I'm hopeless with computers so I'm wondering if there is a setting on my laptop so that the picture fills the screen .

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/04/2021 7:06 pm
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

From the look of the output the aspect ratio is incorrect for the 4:3 of your G8. I assume your laptop is wide screen. I would start by adjusting your display output scaling. See what its set to at present, I imagine its native to your laptops display. There should be a setting to resize the desktop if the display setting did not provide a proper fit. It's difficult to advise without knowing what you have it currently set to. Take some photos and upload them of your desktop display settings when they are displayed on the G8 screen.

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing
Vrat FaceBook: Follow us

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2021 12:52 pm
Alex728 liked
colourmaster
(@colourmaster)

Hi Chris, thanks for the advice. I've set the resolution to 1280 ×1024 and it now fills the screen. I'm getting ready for our test card circle convention live stream tomorrow as we would have been down in leominster this weekend .

IMG 20210409 144146 3

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/04/2021 2:48 pm
Alex728 liked
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Excellent 😎, glad to have helped.

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing
Vrat FaceBook: Follow us

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2021 4:05 pm