Share:
Notifications
Clear all

PYE CT202

The_Teleman
(@the_teleman)
Active V-Ratter Registered

well I finally got my PYE CT202 delivered this week ,it was an eBay purchase that seemed to attract a lot of attention .

this set will compliment my CT203 26 inch & CT205 22 inch

the CT202 is a 19 inch set with Varicap tuning & this must be an early version as the power/ line unit is the metal chassis type

the vender mentioned that the set worked with coloured lines on the screen , I was hesitant to try the set as some of the capacitors show signs of leaking, I did however discover the possible reason for the set being retired all those years ago the PL802 was cracked you can see from the photos the condition of the set & in my opinion well worth the price I paid .

The set will be restored eventually as most of my time is being taken at the moment building my new workshop .image.jpegimage-1.jpegimage-2.jpegimage-3.jpeg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/08/2017 10:00 pm
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

Ah, memories, bread and butter sets in the early 70's for me, unfortunately forgotten about most of the problems.

Look forward to progress when you workshop is available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/08/2017 10:08 pm
PYE625
(@pye625)

Very nice !!

I certainly will be following with interest.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/08/2017 10:24 pm
Focus Diode
(@focus)
Honorable V-Ratter Registered

Wonderful! 19" Pye hybrids seem very thin on the ground. This will be a 693 chassis probably.

I would certainly check the condition of the LT bridge rectifier as this is known to short causing the mains transformer to fail. The 697 adopted a thermal fuse in the transformer. Might be worth adding a fuse here.

Best of luck with the set. They're great to work on. Looking forward to hearing more.

Cheers

Brian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2017 7:13 am
Nuvistor
(@nuvistor)

Focusdiode said
Might be worth adding a fuse here.
Cheers

Brian

That was an unofficial mod I did to all these sets I looked after if it did not have the TX with the thermal fuse fitted.

Two fuses one in each leg of the feed to the bridge, plenty of room to mount a double fuse holder. Not certain but think I fitted 20mm 2A anti surge fuses.

Certainly saved a few transformers and an easy fix, new bridge and replace fuses.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2017 10:10 am