Notifications
Clear all

Two New CTV's join the Early colour collection.

Page 2 / 2

steve1010
(@steve1010)
Member Deactivated Account

I remember i bought a few 4000's ex rental they were dirt cheap as nobody wanted them, after i had finally got them going and sold them i found out why!
Terrible sets nothing but bother i never bought any more.

These set's are best forgotten.

Steve

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2016 3:29 pm
ntscuser
(@ntscuser)
Prominent V-Ratter Registered

I remember i bought a few 4000's ex rental they were dirt cheap as nobody wanted them, after i had finally got them going and sold them i found out why!
Terrible sets nothing but bother i never bought any more.

These set's are best forgotten.

You do understand that's a written invitation to Chris to do the exact opposite? :bba

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2016 12:00 am
Till Eulenspiegel
(@till)
Famed V-Ratter Registered

I would like to see a 4000 series model again, for old times sake. Still have few bits and pieces for that chassis.

Over engineered magnificence. Forty years on who cares if these sets were unreliable.

Till Eulenspiegel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2016 12:09 am
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

I would love to be able to do battle with one again, I really liked the convergence board with it's edge wheel controls. The board was fitted with a long cable that could be unwound and brought round to the front of the set, even static convergence could be carried out using it. Because of the narrow neck CRT very good results for a delta gun could be achieved.

There was an IC on the power/line board which used to cause various faults, TCE100P if my memory serves me right?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2016 1:05 am
Page 2 / 2