High voltage capacitors.

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
sideband
(@sideband)
Famed Member Moderator
Topic starter

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find high voltage axial (a lead at each end) polyesters these days. Most of the usual suppliers can offer up to 630V...that's fine for normal use and I have plenty of them. However I need some .oo1uF and .0033uF 1500V types for a Pye TV and the only place I can find them easily is Just Radio's in Canada. I'm not sure that Ask Jan First in Germany can offer 1.5kV types...I had a quick look but couldn't see any. I don't have any problems ordering from Germany or Canada but would rather 'stay local' if I can. Does anyone know of a supplier in UK that can offer 1500V axial polyesters? 

I tried Farnell and they came up with chip components at 1.5kV....I'd lose them under the system switch!

Posted : 18/09/2018 1:43 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Famed Member Registered

Farnell do sell 1500V axial polypropylene caps made by LCR, but at values larger than you need. Might it be worth approaching LCR directly - IIRC they're in Wales.

http://www.lcrcapacitors.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/pc-hv-lowloss.pdf

Posted : 18/09/2018 3:15 pm
sideband
(@sideband)
Famed Member Moderator
Topic starter

Posted by: Cathovisor

Farnell do sell 1500V axial polypropylene caps made by LCR, but at values larger than you need.

Yes that's exactly what I found...no 'sensible' values at all. I might try LCR directly but if they sell at all it'll probably be in bulk....and I only want three......

Posted : 18/09/2018 4:45 pm
Cathovisor
(@cathovisor)
Famed Member Registered

Well, I'll come in with you on some if needed... or you could sell some on here perchance?

Posted : 18/09/2018 5:03 pm
Share: