Notifications
Clear all

Help PCB manufacture

Gazpacholulu
(@gazpacholulu)
New V-Ratter Registered

Does anyone know of anywhere to get a simple 3" x 2" pcb from an old magazine project manufactured? I would have used etch resistant transfers as it is that simple a circuit (3x 8 pin ics) but they have long since been obsolete. I don't have a laser printer so that method of photo resist is a none runner and this is only for 1 or 2 boards. I tried it on veroboard but it became much bigger than the 3x2 for obvious reasons.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/01/2022 6:36 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)
Noble V-Ratter Registered

@gazpacholulu I’ve just recently started doing PCB work and I have to say I’ve found the toner method a bit hit and miss although I have managed a couple of reasonable boards. I’m currently waiting for some dry film to arrive and will give that a try.

If you can get the details to me I will have a stab at it for you, I’ll PM you with my email address.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2022 8:49 pm
Gazpacholulu
(@gazpacholulu)
New V-Ratter Registered

@jayceebee thank you very much for the offer

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/01/2022 9:01 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

@gazpacholulu Here you go. From your circuit I've produced this layout and a 3D rendition, couldn't quite manage 3" long but just over at 3.5". If this is Ok for you hopefully I will get it etched if and when Royal Mail delivers the the dry film I'm waiting for.

siren2
pcb1
pcb2
ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/02/2022 10:23 pm
Gazpacholulu
(@gazpacholulu)
New V-Ratter Registered

That looks fantastic John, thank you so much.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/02/2022 10:25 pm
Jayceebee
(@jayceebee)

@gazpacholulu I’ve given up waiting for the dry film, it’s coming from China and it’s over six weeks since I ordered now. 

I’ve done it with toner transfer and it’s not bad, as you can see I’ve done three on a single board for you. PM me with your address and I’ll get it in the post

172BB900 DA28 40EC 8263 E01CB5BF08F7

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2022 3:32 pm
Gazpacholulu
(@gazpacholulu)
New V-Ratter Registered

@jayceebee fan bloomin tastic

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2022 4:51 pm