Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Data Library Now Fixed

crustytv
Admin
Topic starter
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder

Those of you with data library access will no doubt have been aware it has been offline for direct download access for a number of weeks. This was due to a fault, today I have finally found time to look into it and can happily announce it is now resolved. I've also managed to fix another long outstanding bug where you could not double click a file to preview, you can now.

Thanks to all for your patience ?

Topic Tags
8 Replies
Cathovisor
Registered
(@cathovisor)
Illustrious V-Ratter

Nice work, Chris.

Nuvistor
Registered
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter

Thank you, always worth a look at the information contained in there.

crustytv
Admin
Topic starter
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder

Data library now back as self service

1 Reply
Nuvistor
Registered
(@nuvistor)

Famed V-Ratter

@crustytv

Thank you, much appreciated.

freya
Registered
(@freya)
Noble V-Ratter

Thanks Chris.

crustytv
Admin
Topic starter
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder

Yet again the paid for data library software ceased working after a major Wordpress update yesterday. I cannot stop updating wordpress, its part of essential system maintenance. Equally I can't be asked to keep fixing this flaky piece of library software every time it has a problem with these updates.

This is the final straw with it, I have decided to revert back to fully using our old legacy, data library software. It may be old but around here we like things old and importantly it just keeps on working. OK it may not have all the bells and whistles (preview etc) or look so visually pleasing but it works.

With regards to the "Modern-flashy-bug-ridden" library software, a phrase my old mum was known to trot out comes to mind, " Its all fur coat and no knickers". 😉

So if you use the data library, it'll be like stepping back a few years. I've tested it this morning and it works for me, no reason it shouldn't for you.

Nuvistor
Registered
(@nuvistor)
Famed V-Ratter

Thanks again Chris, the old system although no bells and whistles is perfectly ok, it does the job well.

6.3volts
Registered
(@6-3volts)
Active V-Ratter
Posted by: @crustytv

Its all fur coat and no knickers"

It's a while since I heard that! Not seen anyone in a fur coat for a long time