Clear all

[Solved] Attachments to Posts  

crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

Important Note: At Vrat the only attachments allowed to forum posts are images

Four simple steps to attach a photo.

1. First familiarise yourself with the conduct below
  2. To attach a file/s to a post just click on the "My Media" link at the foot of the message area. This will launch a pop-up window, this is your personal file manager. This pop-up will display your personal storage folder on the server. If you've not uploaded any images it will appear empty, if you have uploaded images before, they will be displayed. 
  3. Click on the "Add Files" button, find your file on your local device and click or tap ok. The file automatically uploads into the store.
  4. Finally, ensure the tick box of the image/s you want inserted are "ticked" then click on the "Insert into post" button. The image is added to your post. All the remains now is to save you post, job done!

Attachment Conduct: Help us to save space

By all means, please feel free to upload photos to your posts, but please bear the following in mind :-

1. Only upload a photo where words are insufficient.
  2. Ask yourself, is this photo really necessary?
  3. When attaching a photos, keep the number to a minimum, 2 or 3 per post should be sufficient. If you find yourself attaching 5-10 or even more, then you've not paid attention to these first three points of conduct.
  4. Do not insert one image per line in a post. Upload the images, then select the ones for insertion into the post by "tick-box", then use "insert into post". This will place all the photos selected in a neat horizontal manner. There's nothing worse than seeing a post scroll off down the page, due to single photos inserted per line.
  5. Do not post out of focus images, these add no value and just waste resources. They will be removed from the post when found.

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing

Posted : 16/11/2017 9:45 pm
Topic Tags
crustytv
(@crustytv)
Vrat Founder Admin

I've enhanced the photo attachment FAQ to now include conduct. Compliance with the above will greatly help the forum manage its resources wisely. The reason for this is discussed in the lounge thread.

To ignore the conduct advice or take it as an affront to your freedom, I hope you all agree, would be selfish and not community spirited.

Crusty's Collection: Read the repair blogs
Crustys Youtube Channel: If you want to follow me on Youtube, please consider subscribing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2020 4:32 pm