[Solved] Attachments to Posts
Important Note: At Vrat the only attachments allowed to forum posts are images
The site will auto resize your image, the maximum file it will process to 8MB, that should cover all eventualities.
For example, I tested a 2MB landscape file and when uploaded/processed it had dropped to 500KB. Another 2MB portrait file when uploaded/processed dropped to 97KB.
No more resizing before you upload.
Four simple steps to attach a photo.
- First familiarise yourself with the conduct below
- To attach a file/s to a post just click on the "My Media" link at the foot of the message area. This will launch a pop-up window, this is your personal file manager. This pop-up will display your personal storage folder on the server. If you've not uploaded any images it will appear empty, if you have uploaded images before, they will be displayed.
- Click on the "Add Files" button, find your file on your local device and click or tap ok. The file automatically uploads into the store.
- Finally, ensure the tick box of the image/s you want inserted are "ticked" then click on the "Insert into post" button. The image is added to your post. All the remains now is to save you post, job done!
Attachment Conduct: Help us to save space
By all means, please feel free to upload photos to your posts, but please bear the following in mind :-
- Only upload a photo where words are insufficient.
- Do not post poor quality images.
- When attaching a photos, keep the number to a minimum, 2 or 3 per post should be sufficient. If you find yourself attaching 5-10 or even more, then you're not helping.
- Do not insert one image per line in a post. Upload the images, then select the ones for insertion into the post by "tick-box", then use "insert into post". This will place all the photos selected in a neat horizontal manner. There's nothing worse than seeing a post scroll off down the page, due to single photos inserted per line.
- Do not post out of focus images, these add no value and just waste resources. They will be removed from the post when found.
I've enhanced the photo attachment FAQ to now include conduct. Compliance with the above will greatly help the forum manage its resources wisely. The reason for this is discussed in the lounge thread.
To ignore the conduct advice or take it as an affront to your freedom, I hope you all agree, would be selfish and not community spirited.