2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Katie Bush
(@katie-bush)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter

Hi all,

Just for the hell of it, yesterday (Saturday) I went to the local 'junk' auction in town, and spent way too much money, but one thing I bought might just about be worth the value of my entire haul.

It's a Weller W101 soldering iron. Now to be honest, I just saw that it was A; Weller, and B; that it was 100W. It's a good compact iron, heavy by any other iron's standard, and very strongly built. I noticed it also carries the MOD 'broad arrow' symbol, as well as a very nice silicone rubber flex - Oh, and it works too! It's dated as 1999, obviously well used, but it is still in excellent condition.

Anyway, I bought the whole box of 'miscellaneous' items for about £15 and was later pleased to discover I'd also acquired several useful hammers and a Makita 8390D cordless drill (also working order) amongst numerous other things. In the end, I bought ten lots and spent about £150 in total, plus a good dinner as well! Something told me that soldering iron was worth going after, but tonight as I looked on line for prices, I was a bit bowled over at the prices I saw for the W101 - anything from about £90, to well over £150.... For a soldering iron? Did I read correctly?

Can anyone tell me anything about this iron?

Marion

Posted : 29/04/2018 9:38 pm
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: Katie Bush

Hi all,

Something told me that soldering iron was worth going after, but tonight as I looked on line for prices, I was a bit bowled over at the prices I saw for the W101 - anything from about £90, to well over £150.... For a soldering iron? Did I read correctly?

Marion

You certainly did Marion, all the good Weller gear demands a premium !

Marc
BVWS member
RSGB call sign 2E0VTN

Posted : 29/04/2018 11:11 pm
Share: